CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Metoo68
Level 1: Cadet

Power Supply

Hi All. We lost power to our Telstra Technicolour modem in a storm 2 days ago. I sourced a temporary power supply and modem is OK. Tried to explain to a Telstra service technician in India that all I needed was a new power pack. No can do. Will send complete new modem - 3-5 working days Yeah! Over Christmas and NY? We have a Telstra Shop in our nearby rural town. One would have thought I could pop in and pick up a new power pack but no: you can't do that. Does anyone know the correct pin size for the tg797n3v modem? The opening for the pin on a 5mm x 2.1 mm pin 2.5A power pack (Netgear) which is standard for a lot of electronic equipment, is too small for the Telstra pin.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Power Supply

@Metoo68 Maybe try jcar? (Take your old one in to the store)

Although you are better of with a new modem, as that one also has 3G/4G backup.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Metoo68
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks Ozmoz.

3/4G backup would be great if we had mobile reception in our locality which we don't. I will be travelling to Lismore tomorrow and I will discuss your suggestion. Thx.

@Metoo68 wrote:

Thanks Ozmoz.

3/4G backup would be great if we had mobile reception in our locality which we don't. I will be travelling to Lismore tomorrow and I will discuss your suggestion. Thx.

@Metoo68 I'm sorry the 3G/4G backup won't be of any help to you. The Smart modem though would offering better connection/training than your older modem. I know when I went from your old modem to the Smart modem I also had a slight speed increase. It also doesn't hurt swapping out your old filter with the newer one as well.

Let us know if you had any luck on a new power supply too :-)

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now