CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Nav3Ed
Level 3: Gumshoe

Premium Speed Boost - Telstra Velocity

Answered

Hi Tech Support,

I have recently activated my "Premium Speed Boost" for telstra velocity connection.

Its showing activated in my 24/7 account but the speeds i am getting is not more than usual.

please see attached:

Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.39.27 pm.pngspeed tested 3:30pm 05/04/2018

see account showing addon activated:Screen Shot 2018-04-05 at 3.41.33 pm.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Nav3Ed
Accepted Solution

Re: Premium Speed Boost - Telstra Velocity

Yeah tried ethernet, did power cycle of telstra box and modem both. Didnt get much. Yeah i am on phone with them.

@343GuiltySpark: thanks

View solution in original post

Nav3Ed
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately, I was advised by Velocity billing team that they have stop issuing "Preimum speed boost" until further notice. Smiley Sad

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Are you running the tests over Ethernet? Wouldn't hurt to try power cycling your modem and re-testing. I'd also recommend speaking to the velocity team on 1800008994.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Nav3Ed
Accepted Solution

Yeah tried ethernet, did power cycle of telstra box and modem both. Didnt get much. Yeah i am on phone with them.

@343GuiltySpark: thanks

Nav3Ed
Accepted Solution

Unfortunately, I was advised by Velocity billing team that they have stop issuing "Preimum speed boost" until further notice. Smiley Sad

username_taken
Level 1: Cadet

Its useless in our suburb. We got lumped with Velocity, speeds are as advertised until 4pm to 12pm. People in my street ive spoken with pay more for the speed boost and its useless between those hours as everyone gets the congestion and you all end up with 5mbps d/l
DATS2LS

The initial 3 months of my connection I experienced dreadful speeds during peak times. Telstra applied a $20 credit to counter the premium I was paying for the speed boost.
After 3 months they upgraded the network and I experience almost full speed at all times. They did remove the $20 credit but fair enough. Worst peak speeds are about 90Mbps and up to about 107Mbps during off peak times. Upload is consistently 4-6Mbps. In my case the speed boost is essential and works perfectly.

I recently contacted them to enquire about better deals as my 2 year contract expired, and was told they no longer offer speed boosts. So any change to my account would remove the speed boost I currently enjoy (No way I would remove that) They are waiting for a network upgrade to be completed before offering speed boosts again. No Eta for these upgrades. GRRRR.

What a shame. Quite disappointing.

#I work for Telstra, but my opinions expressed here are entirely my own, and not Telstra's.
#I work for Telstra, but my opinions expressed here are entirely my own, and not Telstra's.
DATS2LS

The screenshot you attached shows you testing your speed to a Vodafone server. Rerun the test and manually select a Telstra server if the speed test.net doesn't auto select it correctly.

hilda_marlene
Level 2: Rookie

He have 2mbs most the time...
hilda_marlene
Level 2: Rookie

Where you live
In my suburb are the worse

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now