CrowdSupport®
TeaJhay
Level 2: Rookie

Ps4 can't connect to wifi

Answered

So we got NBN a few months ago, had issues with dodo and switched to telstra. it's been working fine until yesterday afternoon when i came home and my ps4 was no longer connected to wifi. i've been trying to get it working, doing all the "Tricks" to no avail. The ps4 can't be the issues because i have the option to connect to all the neighbours wifi as well as my own hotspots, our home wifi is the only one not showing up on the list. WPS doesn't work and i'm not paying a fee to get a telstra team to fix "Non-telstra devices" when i don't need it fixed, i need the network fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TeaJhay
Accepted Solution

Re: Ps4 can't connect to wifi

I want to thank everyone, all your help has been appreciated. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Try turning band steering off on the modem. It will cause the 2.4 & 5GHz wifi networks to have their own SSID. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TeaJhay

okay, i think progress has been made as the 5g network is being shown on every device, however the 2.4ghz one isn't appearing at all.

Level 22: Superhuman

Several people in the last few days have had issues with 2.4Ghz due to an buggy software modem update that causes 2.4 to "disappear" .

You're not on your own if you scroll through similar posts. 

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"
TeaJhay

ahhh, is there any way to fix it? if it helps my family hast the smart modem gen 2. this whole scenario has created chaos and disdain between us lolSmiley LOL

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Do you have the Technicolor version of the Gen 2 modem DJA0231. This has just received a firmware update (18.1.c.0443-950-RA). The firmware update has a bug in it which effects the 2,4 GHz WiFi. If you have this firmware you can either wait for a patch that will fix the fault or ring support and report the 2.4 GHz as faulty. The firmware version is displayed on LHS of login page.

There are several posts of the same problem

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/Laptop-won-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/845028

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/2-4GHz-WiFi-not-working-5GHz-working-fine/td-...

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Devices-not-connecting-to-Telstra-smart-modem...

TeaJhay

oh my god thank you, we have been arguing over this for the last 24 hours. if they don't get it fixed by tomorrow we'll probably call them up, thank you

TeaJhay
Accepted Solution

I want to thank everyone, all your help has been appreciated. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Thanks for your like!

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles "you" to be an expert at everything!!"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now