CrowdSupport®
Downunder73
Level 1: Cadet

Re-locate NBN connection

Hi, 

When my NBN was connected it was put just inside of the garage door at the front of the house. The modem is in the same location.

Due to intermittent Wifi connection (it slows down quite a lot when under a lot of use), can i move the modem to another point of the house or does the modem need to stay where the NBN comes in from the street?

I've thought of using Wifi Extenders and Wifi Powerlines but i don't think this will resolve my issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Re-locate NBN connection

Hi there,

It may be beneficial to get a cable contractor and get a Ethernet point install to a preferred point in the house? You could then patch from the point in the garage to the NBN box and move the router/modem to the preferred location.

Cheers,
Dave

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Re-locate NBN connection

Hey there,

The modem does need to remain in the same location and connected to your NBN box.  You can put in a request to have it moved but at the moment it can be up to 12 weeks to get a response on these requests and this is not a guarantee that it will be approved.

As mentioned by Caaf internal wiring can be a solution to this problem or you could try a Wi-Fi extender as you have been thinking

Don't hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can assist with

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now