TommyTheTankEng
Level 6: Bloodhound

Recontracting NBN

Answered

When the NBN was first installed (FTTB + internal fibre optic network in the aoartment block) I was given Premium access (NBN-100) for the same price as NBN-50. If I recontract is that likely to remain at no extra cost or will Telstra try to add another $30 or whatever it is to my account? The only reason I might recontract is to remove the $9/month I'm paying for "Enetrtainment" which AFAIK just means they gave me a Telstra TV unit, which I never use

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
StrayaM8
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Recontracting NBN

If you've currently got the premium speed boost for free and recontract or migrate to an in market plan, you will lose the discount you currently receive for that speed boost and will have to pay an additional $30 per month for it (the standard cost)

All discounts and bonus offers applied to your service are lost upon taking up a new offer, your best bet is to give Telstra a ring and see if you can negotiate to have a similar discount taken up when you migrate to a new plan. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
StrayaM8
Level 3: Gumshoe
Accepted Solution

Re: Recontracting NBN

If you've currently got the premium speed boost for free and recontract or migrate to an in market plan, you will lose the discount you currently receive for that speed boost and will have to pay an additional $30 per month for it (the standard cost)

All discounts and bonus offers applied to your service are lost upon taking up a new offer, your best bet is to give Telstra a ring and see if you can negotiate to have a similar discount taken up when you migrate to a new plan. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now