CrowdSupport®
Winnie18
Level 1: Cadet

Removing NBN for house demolishion

Hi,

I am going to be knocking my house down in the next few month to build a new house and I am wondering what the process to have my current NBN connection removed and cabling rewound back to the pit.

Cheers,

Christian

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Removing NBN for house demolishion

Hi @Winnie18,

Your builder should have the cabling sorted for when your new house is built again on the same property. Any existing cabling should be prepared so that it can then be run into your house (trenching and conduite etc) during the build period. 

The NBN Co look after any cabling up to the boundary point of your property, not anything beyond that. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Winnie18
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the reply, what do I do with the current connection boxes that both internal and external to my house? 

Thanks, 

Christian 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I would recommend speaking to the NBN Co regarding your specific type of nbn technology set up. They have some information on removal and relocation here: https://tel.st/l8hzs

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now