Highlighted
deloobetrof
Level 1: Cadet

Repair of landline fault. Has Telstra gone mad?

Answered
I live in a rural area 7kms from a large city. I live in a grandpa flat that I had built 2 years ago and opted to only have post paid mobile phone rather than a landline. Over that period the interned performance has and is abysmal so gave thought to having a land line installed. A very helpful gentleman from Telsta rang and "sold" me the service. As I am a pensioner it was going to cost me only $190......very reasonable. A date was locked in for a technician to come out and do it. A number was allocated to the line. Since then I have had 3 changes to the date, 3 calls from folk from OS and emails confirming that it was going to happen as well as emails asking me to confirm my address. A pattern began to show......there appeared to be 2 departments working on this as there seemed to be a doubling up. To top it off I have received 2 modem kits in the mail for the big day. I then received a phone call saying that I couldn't have a landline as there wasn't any ports left at the exchange and there wouldn't be any, possibly for years! I was then passed to sales and negotiated a better deal with my current arrangement. He assured me that the landline order would be cancelled. The Internet performance is still below standard but at least I am getting a better deal on the mobile phone. Under the circumstance disappointing but not the end of the world you say? NO I just received emails tonight informing of my new password and user name for the impending connection. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa have they gone crazy? Doesn't this lot communicate with each other or is each individual person doing his/her own thing? Very bad example of an organisation with no organisation.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JustinB
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Repair of landline fault. Has Telstra gone mad?

Hi deloobetrof,

That's certainly an extremely confusing and frustrating process you've been through, and I apologise for that.  It seems odd that an internet order has proceeded further if no ports are available, and it also seems that two orders have been mistakenly processed, as you've noted, which would account for the two modems.  We can arrange for one or both of the modems to be returned, and can investigate the order as well - the fastest way to organise this would be via our online chat team, who are available 24x7 via http://tel.st/eAUDU and can look into things today for you.  

If you don't have any luck there, let us know here and we'll private message you with a link you can send your details to our team via.

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
JustinB
Level 11: Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Repair of landline fault. Has Telstra gone mad?

Hi deloobetrof,

That's certainly an extremely confusing and frustrating process you've been through, and I apologise for that.  It seems odd that an internet order has proceeded further if no ports are available, and it also seems that two orders have been mistakenly processed, as you've noted, which would account for the two modems.  We can arrange for one or both of the modems to be returned, and can investigate the order as well - the fastest way to organise this would be via our online chat team, who are available 24x7 via http://tel.st/eAUDU and can look into things today for you.  

If you don't have any luck there, let us know here and we'll private message you with a link you can send your details to our team via.

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now