CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Replacement arris 8200 modem

Answered

Where can I source a new one of these? Telstra stores (company owned and franchises both) are useless understanding  what this unit is. Wanted to sell me a new smart modem which does not have the hfc built in (no coax like the old Telstra branded cable modems had). NBN don’t have shops... need to wait a week to get one.

Apart from Gumtree - You woulda thought you could get same day replacement (paying real cash money) and not have to do the telstra helpdesk shuffle...

If not how do I set myself up as a reseller? There must be thousands of these units needed...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Replacement arris 8200 modem

You can't replace them via the Telstra stores as you have to ring 1800 834 273 an lodge it as a fault. You can buy the Telstra modem/router direct but not the NBN modem.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

You can't replace them via the Telstra stores as you have to ring 1800 834 273 an lodge it as a fault. You can buy the Telstra modem/router direct but not the NBN modem.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Yes, and that’s the whole problem. I appreciate the confirmation though.
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If you have one of the old Telstra cable modems you could try to use that until a new modem arrives. I have seen previous post were people were able to use the Telstra cable modem.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit