CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
TammyandP
Level 3: Gumshoe

Requesting adsl2 port

Dear Telstra , here to once again request an adsl2 or 2+ port please assist me thank you

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Requesting adsl2 port

Hi TammyandP,

As far as I'm aware there is no process (via Crowd Support or otherwise) to request an ADSL2+ port, other than through the normal application processes.

I would suggest contacting tech support to see if there is any ports available in your exchange/cabinet and if there is they may be able to request your service be transferred to one.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

hi TammyandP

As Kalak has advised, there is no process for requesting an ADSL2 or ADSL2+ port other than via an application process which you can do either by calling 132200 or via Live Chat 

http://tel.st/49kl

-    Lindy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

dotheycare
Level 4: Private Eye

I am pretty sure TammyandP was being facetious...

Do what I did Tammy - just to ease the pain a bit and maybe save a quid or two...

Put landline account on hold until such time that ADSL port becomes available. Works if you have a mobile which I assume you do...

Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it because you can. I did it and am saving $90 per month until the port comes in. Total potential saving of $630.....

Spread the word because as an individual it may not hurt the income stream but as a collective there is potential it will trigger action. Particularly when the number of those waiting for a port are likely to be in the order of thousands......

At my exchange there are 19 households waiting (as at 17 Apr 14). There are approx 2940 ADSL capable exchnages. Assuming queue length in fernvale QLD matches that of other areas that have ADSL exchanges I could then do the fol:

19 x 2940 = 55860. Therefore I could be ambitious and say that if all 55860 had ability to place landline on hold (has mobile phone) and they all had same cost as I then total collective saving could be $5,027,400.00!!! Per Month!!!!! Times that by 12 and you get a potential total collective saving of $60,328,800.00 annually.

That saving by consumers equals loss of revenue by Telstra.....

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now