CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Requesting commercial quote for cable

No one in Telstra seems to know what this is - despite there being an clear article about it.

What is a Commercial Quote & How do I request one?
A Commercial Quote is a process in which we arrange to provide you with a quote of the cost to connect your property to the HFC network. Any of our Consultants can submit a request to have a Commercial Quote completed for you, so just call us on 13 22 00 or Live Chat with us.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Broadband-nbn/How-To-Check-Cable-Broadband-Availability/ta-p/...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Requesting commercial quote for cable

Hello
Have you rung more than one salesperson? as you may have struck an individual not aware of this.
I imagine that you could next try to speak to an internet sales supervisor ir if that fails ... lodge a complaint.
https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/account-billing/manage-account/our-complaints-handling-p...

Thank you
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Commercial Quotes are rapidly becoming a thing of the past. If you are in an NBN area, then you can't get a commercial quote as Telstra doesn't do the installation any more. They place an order with NBN Co, who then takes over the process from there.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Understand that however i’m currently not in an NBN area. I know my building had Telstra cable, it’s just trying to get to the right person to install into my unit.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi @Chris2020,

As @ProfessorPhone mentioned above, sometimes you will come across a sales consultant who isn't aware of some of our more obscure processes such as how to lodge a commercial quote. I'm surprised the one you talked to didn't work it out eventually though, since it is the first result in the internal information system when you search for "Commercial Quote". I'd recommend giving our Sales team one more chance on 132200, but if you still have no luck then lodging a formal complaint would be the way to go. We have a direct link to the complaint webform here:

http://tel.st/xgblu

Let me know it you have any further trouble though.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit