jharps
Level 1: Cadet

Scheduled Maintenance

Answered

Hi,

We regularly receive emails from Telstra advising of NBN Outages that we may experience. The most recent is for planned maintenance on 20 March between 7:00am and 3:00pm. Why are these planned events during business hours? Prior to NBN, any planned Telstra cable outages were normally conducted very late night/early morning so as minimise any inconvenience.

Whilst these NBN planned outages are outside Telstra's control, I believe it is incumbent on Telstra to ensure, through their contract with NBN, that planned outages are conducted at a time to minimise customers inconvenience. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Scheduled Maintenance

NBN Techs generally only work during business hours and as NBN now own most of the HFC network, they can do maintenance when they want. Additionally alot of the maintenance is to physical connections in the network which are easier and safer to do during the day.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

NBN Techs generally only work during business hours and as NBN now own most of the HFC network, they can do maintenance when they want. Additionally alot of the maintenance is to physical connections in the network which are easier and safer to do during the day.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat Here, try the Online Troubleshooter or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure:
Level 21: Augmented

That's interesting because all planned maintenance messages in my area (FTTN) are always scheduled for 11pm to 6am, which is overnight...
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more