Highlighted
LianeD
Level 1: Cadet

Second phone line and NBN

Answered

Hi, my folks currently have two separate phone lines in one household. One has just had the NBN indoor and outdoor hardware installed - modem, activation etc still to be done. Will the second phone line need all its own separate NBN hardware also?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Second phone line and NBN

No, the one NBN box can support it all. Each of the ports are able to support separate connections.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

The NBN Box can handle 4 Separate Internet/Phone Services and 2 Universal Phone Services (for Back to Base Alarms, High Dependant medical Patients, etc).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

No, the one NBN box can support it all. Each of the ports are able to support separate connections.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Accepted Solution

The NBN Box can handle 4 Separate Internet/Phone Services and 2 Universal Phone Services (for Back to Base Alarms, High Dependant medical Patients, etc).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TrevorW01
Level 1: Cadet

I have a similar issue. What happens if the second phone is in another part of the house, does a new separate line have to be run from teh second phone to the modem,

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now