CrowdSupport®
SecLost
Level 1: Cadet

Security Cameras can no longer connect

Other devices still work but my cameras only work with 2.4 GHz wifi and connection time out whenever I try to repair them. I have tried a few different channels. I have tried at quieter times of day. I have tried with and without pressing the pair button on the next gen modem. I have tried bandwidth shearing which was supposed to fix the issue according to Telstra. The cameras worked brilliantly up until a week or so ago. I need them fixed ASAP as some juvenile ex-residents of my unit block are stealing bins, washing, bicycle wheels etc.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SecLost
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Security Cameras can no longer connect

Add to that I have tried disabling the Access Control list in case it was being 'blocked' for whatever reason. I have also tried turning off the 5G channel completely in case that boosts the power to the 2.4 GHz channel enough to get it connected. At times I have had my home laptop connected by ethernet cable and the internet seems slowerthan for wirelessly connected phones which doesn't make much sense to me. Perhaps the latest firmware is just really bad and I need a new modem? There are some good reviews RE the Google wifi unit but I'd rather solve this problem without spending money if I can.

Mkrtich
Level 13: Super Sleuth

Hi - does this situation apply to your modem - 2.4Ghz not connecting to modem.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/Laptop-won-t-connect-to-wifi/td-p/845028

Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

@SecLost wrote:

At times I have had my home laptop connected by ethernet cable and the internet seems slowerthan for wirelessly connected phones which doesn't make much sense to me.

Your low LAN speeds on the PC could be due to a number of reasons. You can check the actual link speed of the connection on the Basic home page of the modem. The link speed for each connected device is displayed when page first loads. To bring up the information after the time out period just hover over the device. There are some suggestions on how to fix low LAN speeds at link below.

https://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/42543-lan-network-slow-speeds.html

Some network management addons the manufactures add to there PC can also slow the speed. Check the settings in any network management program is installed on the PC.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now