Suziemon
Level 1: Cadet

Sending modem back

Answered
Hi I received my new modem recently and connected it which I believe locks me in to nbn when it comes to my area.
I thought the new modem would fix our poor speeds and would incorporate the 4g network to do this. I now think it must only come into play when the wifi drops out completely.
I think I have 30 days to send the modem back to cancel the automatic switch over to Telstra nbn. Is this correct?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Sending modem back

Have a chat to the Disconnections Department on 132200 8.30am to 8.30pm AEST which goes to Adelaide.
They have some special mobile broadband deals that the sales department does not have.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3

You can cancel your contract with no penalty within 30 days, you'll need to call disconnections on 13 22 00 and say disconnect. However I would recommend speaking with Telstra NBN technical support team as if it is a line issue it will be the same with any provider.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Suziemon
Level 1: Cadet

Hi thanks for your reply.
To be honest I’m so done with tech support it’s been 2 years of poor speeds adsl2+ and have never got over 8mbps it’s usually much lower my last Speedtest tonight got 0.53mbps and this is a common occurrence which forces us to use mobile 4g as a hotspot which pushes us over our data limits and have to pay nearly double the mobile bill for extra gigs.
If it is a line problem that’s fine but to get told constantly that everything is working properly has gotten a bit tiresome.
Once again thanks for your help.
Accepted Solution

Have a chat to the Disconnections Department on 132200 8.30am to 8.30pm AEST which goes to Adelaide.
They have some special mobile broadband deals that the sales department does not have.
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now