R_Miller
Level 3: Gumshoe

Service status page says no outages when there are

experienced a number of NBN outages over the past few months, including all day today so far. First thing I do is check the outages page to determine if it's a problem at our end, or if it's an actual outage. Each and every time, the outages page states that there are no outages in our area. Eventually, I call Telstra who do some checks and confirm that there is an outage (as is the case today). Then I get a text message telling me to check the outages page for more information - so I do. But still it says there are no outages in our area. I mention this to the tech support person I spoke to and they said that they'll update it now that they're aware of it (6 hours after it went down), but still an hour after that call, the status page says that there are no outages. There is either an issue with reporting outages for our area, or the page just doesn't get updated. If the outages page provided the correct information, I'd know straight away to make alternative arrangements for the day as I work from home. Why is the outages page never updated for my area (postcode 2550)?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Service status page says no outages when there are

2550 covers something like 50 suburbs. Which suburb are you specifically?
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
R_Miller

Cobargo

R_Miller

For the record, the service was restored at about 9pm this evening and at no stage through the day did the outages page state that there was an issue.

R_Miller

Connection has dropped again this morning, but all is still fine according to status page.

What type of connection do you have? You might have a intermittent line fault? You can test your connection using online trouble shooting tool

R_Miller

Telstra confirmed that it was an outage when I called them. It came back up last night but was out this morning despite all green lights on the unit. I rebooted the unit and got back on, so not sure what the issue was there. 

My main concern, apart from the outages themselves, is that the outages page is completely useless for our area.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now