CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Slow ADSL2+ & lack of support from Telstra Customer Service

have gone through all the hoops for telstra line speeds drop as low as 360kbps max out most of the time at 2.65Mbps had visits by technicians who say the problem is not at my end. the next statement was its caused by congestion durng the day and evening at the exchange what am i supposed to do get up at midnight and hope everyone else has gone to bed. complaints dept told me there is nothing that can be done to correct the problem other than wait for NBN about 2 years as cable and wireless are unavaillable in my location.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Slow ADSL2+ & lack of support from Telstra Customer Service

Hey Johnor2,

Congestion is a tricky issue Smiley Sad Unfortunately congestion happens across the country and we have upgrades happening constantly to fix this. You can check if there are any plans to upgrade your exchange here: http://goo.gl/RQNF2V (under DSLAM Backhaul relief)

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

there are no plans for an upgrade of my local exchange so I suppose I will have to wait for NBN
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

If it isn't listed at the moment, that doesn't mean it won't be in the future. You can check for the NBN rollout here: http://goo.gl/brN7TS. Hopefully it's not too far off for you.

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

it looks like about 2 years till NBN so I hope something happens soon
Highlighted

have tried contacting case manager, to no success never there when i ring do not return calls. after a recent dslam backhaul i thought that things may improve but hasn't happened if anything download speeds have dropped so still cannot use t-box unless everything else is turned off. something has to happen soon or will need to escalate to TIO.

Highlighted

recent info about NBN is up to 10 yrs due to periphery of port Macquarie being done before centre of town

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Johnor2,

I can see that there is another DSLAM backhaul planned for Port Macquarie which is currently expected to be completed by the end of October 2015. 

- Shelly

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit