CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Darrylp1
Level 1: Cadet

Slow Bigpond cable

Answered
I have noticed my speeds have slowed lately and have just run a speed test which has given a reading of 0.55 mbps upload speed. Ive been using Bigpond cable for the last 10 years or so and this us the slowest I have ever seen.
No maintenance or service issues are currently in my area and my account is well up to date so there are no restrictions or shaping issues affecting it.

Any ideas?
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Slow Bigpond cable

Have you tried the basics like resetting the router?

.55 is very slow indeed, I had it with my cable at one point and in order to resolve it, BPTS needed to reset the line no their end, as there was something going on in the information reaching the router. 

So if you aren't shaped, and restarting doesn't work, I would try give BPTS a call (133933) and see if they can get it working.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Darryl, whilst everything Dr Qwerty said is absolutely correct, when my cable does things like yours, if you switch off the modem and remove the cable from the modem or wall for a few minutes, and reconnect it, then turn the modem on, if your luck is working, it may do the trick, and anyway BP will tell you to do that as well.

Hope it all works

Kind regards

Professor Phone

I am Not a Telstra employee.

If I have helped you, a click on the Kudo icon would be appreciated.

If my advice has been a solution, please also click on Solution.    Many thanks.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Darrylp1
Level 1: Cadet

Sorry I meant download not upload. Upload was only 0.03mbps.
Accepted Solution

Have you tried the basics like resetting the router?

.55 is very slow indeed, I had it with my cable at one point and in order to resolve it, BPTS needed to reset the line no their end, as there was something going on in the information reaching the router. 

So if you aren't shaped, and restarting doesn't work, I would try give BPTS a call (133933) and see if they can get it working.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Darryl, whilst everything Dr Qwerty said is absolutely correct, when my cable does things like yours, if you switch off the modem and remove the cable from the modem or wall for a few minutes, and reconnect it, then turn the modem on, if your luck is working, it may do the trick, and anyway BP will tell you to do that as well.

Hope it all works

Kind regards

Professor Phone

I am Not a Telstra employee.

If I have helped you, a click on the Kudo icon would be appreciated.

If my advice has been a solution, please also click on Solution.    Many thanks.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now