Highlighted
ausqld
Level 2: Rookie

Slow Download and Upload speeds

Answered
Have ultimate 3.0 cable running Netgear 3100 modem download speed 16.4mbps upload .876kbps have made multiple x calls to complaints without success. Have had to connect 5 devices of 8 to ethernet cable to get some service, remaining wireless devices run slow.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ausqld
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Slow Download and Upload speeds

Interesting your first question was, have I contacted technical services, since the 18th of July 2013 I have tried to resolve this issue via complaints, at no time did anyone from complaints direct me to tech support. The day I posted I contacted complaints and asked for a supervisor, the upshot of that conversation was, complaints would lodged a request with tech services and to expect a call. as of now no call. In frustration I contacted Telstra via 24/7 chat and received a call back within 4 hours, and a tech is attending my home friday 9th. Yes the problem with slow internet is related to the time of day.
Thanks for the reply.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented

Hi Ausqld,

Have you tried talking to technical support or just complaints? You might have more luck with the technical consultants. Is it slow at all times of the day or just during certain times? Tech support may need to either replace your modem or get a tech to visit you and check the network.
Lathania

Accepted Solution

Interesting your first question was, have I contacted technical services, since the 18th of July 2013 I have tried to resolve this issue via complaints, at no time did anyone from complaints direct me to tech support. The day I posted I contacted complaints and asked for a supervisor, the upshot of that conversation was, complaints would lodged a request with tech services and to expect a call. as of now no call. In frustration I contacted Telstra via 24/7 chat and received a call back within 4 hours, and a tech is attending my home friday 9th. Yes the problem with slow internet is related to the time of day.
Thanks for the reply.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now