Hello I have recently had a service installed and am currently suffering from poor download speeds compared to what the dsl sync is reporting:
Data: 1 MB
Test Time: 10.89 secs
Your line speed is 1.11 Mbps (1114 kbps).
Your download speed is 139 KB/s (0.14 MB/s).
What is going on? You charge premium rates but are not delivering a premuim service. I have spent a cumalive 4+ hours on hold to you this week and still the service i am paying for is not being delivered.
Was this helpful?
Can I just add to this.. Jeff, what kind of speeds are you getting versus what you believe you should be getting?
ph0n3r is right in saying that the sync speed is an indication of the speed you'll be getting, but usually (in my experience) it's a pretty good indication. For 8mbit down, you should be sitting at around 700kb/s, but note that if you're only getting 8mbit there's more than likely a reason for it.
I wouldn't be suprised if 150-200kb/s is the maximum you'll get from a single download thread - if you use a download program (i can't suggest any as i don't like them) that creates a number of threads for your download - you'll probably notice the speed increase to your maximum
Theanks for the reply ph0n3r,
I believe it is an ADSL service. The modem has some further info stating that the service is capable of 12mb:
|Link Power State:||L0|
|SNR Margin (0.1 dB):||228||60|
|Attenuation (0.1 dB):||95||85|
|Output Power (0.1 dBm):||178||25|
|Attainable Rate (Kbps):||12764||480|
|Path 0||Path 1|
But i just dont seem to be hitting the figures; >2mb is of no use apart from browsing really...
The modem is brand new a Dlink 2890AL, I am also using ethernet over gigabit to connect. The mode is refering to its ADSL modulation, not the wifi . It is on auto selection and chooses ADSL_G.dmt over G.lite / T1.413 /ADSL2 /AnnexL /ADSL2+ /AnnexM.
In short i am getting >2mps on an ethernet connection, not over wifi.