https://gyazo.com/df5fa33f67e105c4ebd0925417407a2f

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
19 REPLIES 19
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Slow Speeds

What type of internet connection do you have? From that speed I'm thinking ADSL?

For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

MadDog3
Level 3: Gumshoe

Adsl2+

Please post your modem stats so we can have a look and see whats going on:
On a Premium Home Network Gateway, T-Gateway, Gateway Max, or Gateway Max 2
(TG587, TG797, TG799, TG800):
http://10.0.0.138/ > Advanced > Broadband

On a Telstra Gateway
(Sagemcom F@st 5355):
http://10.0.0.138/ > Advanced > Gateway Settings > Device Info > General > xDSL (Bottom of Page)

On a Frontier Gateway or Smart Modem
(DJN2130 & DJA0230 ):
http://192.168.0.1/ > Advanced > Broadband

Default password is generally 'admin'
You're looking for line rates, power levels, attenuation etc

Are the tests being run over Ethernet or WiFi?
Are they being run during peak times (3PM-12AM)?

For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

MadDog3

Ethernet and Wifi dont make a difference in connection speed peak is 600mbps

Level 24: Supreme Being

Is that 600 Kbps or 600 KBps?. Most browser when downloading a files show speed in Mega Bytes per second. 600 Kilabytes per second is equivalent to 4.8 Mega bits per second.

Do you know how far you are from exchange? If you are over three kilometres from the exchange 4.8 Mbps is all you can expect from ADSL

MadDog3

kbps yea my bad

If you are only getting 600 Kilo bits per second an line speed 4.6 Mbps then there is something wrong with modem or the device you are using to measure speed.
Some motherboard manufactures provide a LAN WiFi management software that throttles the speed. If using a PC check that there is no LAN management software installed on the PC

The noise margin for your download speed isn't that good. Have you spoken to the ADSL assurance team? Another thing you could try is removing the ADSL splitter to see if that improves your speed and if you have more than one phone socket in the house, try them all, but primarily the one closest the the foot path is normally the primary socket.

MadDog3

im only 5 metres away from the router

Your distance from the modem/router as this stage isn't an issue as the speeds you're getting on tests are pretty close the the line speeds your modem is getting.

MadDog3

no difference same old **bleep** speed

@343GuiltySpark

Link speed is 4.6 Mbps yet speed test is only 600 kbps.

Sorry, miss read the 600kbps part.

MadDog3

So who changed my title i cant show telstra how much of a lying scumbags ceo **bleep** works there?

It was probably deemed to breach community guidelines and was changed by a moderator.

MadDog3

Its the truth Im not the only one one day this company will get destroyed by the accc

Stats look fine:
Increase in downstream Noise Margin is more then likely DLM tweaking it to maintain stability due to long line length

Attenuation of 57.5 would put you over 4km from the exchange/cabinet in line length, of which 4.68mpbs sync speed is actually impressive for that distance, as generally it would be around 3mbps

Can you post your speedtest results?
What time of day are they being run?
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

In reply to MadDog3

Have you actually run the Telstra trouble shooting tool yet?
https://www.telstra.com.au/my-account/troubleshooting-tool

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now