CrowdSupport®
markmasa
Level 1: Cadet

Smart Modem 4G Backup not working, cable currently out.

Hi I had an outage for 4 days last month as NBN ramps up in this area.  So I purchased a Telstra Smart Modem with 4G back-up so that I hopefully wouldn't be disrupted again.  The 4G backup worked fine for 2 days until the cable was working again.  Fast forward to today one month later, as NBN were working in the street and the cable went down again, HOWEVER the 4G backup hasn't kicked in... So annoyed as this was EXACTLY the thing I was trying to avoid...  Have restarted several times, popped the sim in & out.. Lady at support asked if I registered the sim, however the Telstra shop lady said she had already done that for me...

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 7.09.57 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-13 at 7.09.45 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-13 at 7.09.33 pm.pngScreen Shot 2019-03-13 at 7.09.24 pm.png

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Smart Modem 4G Backup not working, cable currently out.

As the network status shows: Registration Denied, it looks like you will need to contact our Tech Support team who can organise for a replacement SIM to be sent out. 

You can organise this by calling 133 933 or via Live Chat.

Once you have the new SIM, let us know if you continue to experience any difficulties.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now