CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Smart Modem gen 2

We live in WA and our modem kept defaulting to Eastern Standard time, we thought we resolved the issue by reseting the modem.

But however our Telstra TV stopped connecting to the internet although its connected to the modem. A new Telstra TV box arrived and now the Telstra TV, Samsung Smart TV and our printer will not connect to the internet although they are all connected to the network.

I have everything numerous times but with no luck, and Telstra Techs have no idea. The guy I spoke too yesterday tried telling me my Samsung TV was broken. 

But all devices connect through 4G Hot-spotting through my phone.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Smart Modem gen 2

What type of internet connection do you have and what is the model no of the modem? The modem's model no is displayed on the LHS of the modem's log in page (http://192.168.0.1).

If you have a ADSL connection have you logged into the modem and entered your bigpond username (full Bigpond primary email address) and password in the PPPOE section of modem's Broadband settings?

If other devices connected to the modem have a internet connection you could try changing the DNS settings in modem to a non Telstra DNS. There is a drop down list of DNS servers in the modem in the Advanced > Local Network settings.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit