Jay791
Level 1: Cadet

Smart Modem

So has anyone else been given an Arcadyn modem from Telstra only to find out every time there is an update and your modem stops working that you find out off the overseas technical department that the S/N and MAC address on file does not match the modem that Telstra has sent out? After the third time let’s see if they get their **bleep** together and make sure it is rectified. Oh and Telstra could not tell me where my modem currently is (The one on my file). Over 15hrs of my life wasted trying to sort their fault out to still not have NBN. 

J

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Smart Modem

Good morning.   I can't explain the internal processes of Telstra, but I can suggest that the almost identical looking Technicolor Gen 2 smart modem from Telstra has less issues.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Jay791
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Smart Modem

Thanks for the input. 

Unfortunately that’s not what Telstra have sent to my address otherwise this conversation wouldn’t have started but thanks for the heads up. Maybe next time they might roll them out instead of the paperweight I have. 

J

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now