CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Smart troubleshooting does not progress after finding a fault - should it?

I am having issues with nbn dropouts and tried running the telstra smart troubleshooting tool for home broadband.

The tool advised:

1. Outage not found

2. Line connection test failed It then advised the following but nothing happened and no links available to run further diagnostics.

What am I missing?

FYI: using Firefox on Windows 10, initially with pop-ups blocks and strict tracking protection. I have now enabled pop ups and reduced tracking settings to standard.

The following is displayed at the bottom of the page:

"We've identified a possible issue We are going to get you to try a series of troubleshooting steps to see if we can, together, resolve your issue. This is a relatively simple activity that we can step you through here; our only requirement is that you are home. These in-home checks resolve a large number of issues quickly and are an important requirement if we need to escalate your issue with nbn co."

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Smart troubleshooting does not progress after finding a fault - should it?

It's easier to use fix.telstra.com via your mobile (as when you do the checks,  you lose internet connection as it involves unplugging your modem etc).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Smart troubleshooting does not progress after finding a fault - should it?

I'm getting the same result now, although I'm using Chrome. In another post with the same issue, it's recommended to call Telstra's NBN Team on 1800 834 273 for the next steps.

Everything with a grain of salt.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit