Highlighted
Mikkiborg
Level 1: Cadet

Some sites won't open???

Hi there, firstly I am no IT guru whatsover but my problem sounds like it shouldnt be that hard to resolve.  I have been with Telstra now for some time and upgraded to Cable a few months ago.  I have a Netgear CG3100 modem/router set up and in anticipation of my travel plans (that I had obviously booked when I was on ADSL), I went to check the website of the resort we had booked and the site took ages to open and eventually didnt.  At first I assumed it was the website not working but everytime I was at work I was able to look at the site.  I can also look at the site on my iphone when i disable my wifi.  So there is something stopping this site from opening and I cannot understand it. I've raised this with Telstra via live chat and initially very helpful, checking settings etc etc and then raising a Level 2 investigation.  I've turned off my modem several times and as of yesterday I was asked to turn it off for 8 hours which i did - it seems the only answer i'm getting is to turn off the modem and hope for the best which is ridiculous.  The investigation is still pending and now i have to wait for them to call me which i dont even know when that will be.  Is this a really huge issue that cant be resolved??  I've had no other issues with any sites just this particular one (www.secretsresorts.com) ...totally stumped and frustrated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Some sites won't open???

Hi Mikkiborg,

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the modem?

Please note that when you do this any personalised settings will need to be reconfigured, but you shouldn't need to complete the registration portal again. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now