AlanYu
Level 1: Cadet

StartTrack said Telstra does not allow them to leave the parcel in front of the door?

Answered

I got the email from Telstra regarding my NBN modem and said that 

"Alternatively, you may have opted for our courier to leave the parcel at a safe place on your premises – if so you will be notified once it’s delivered."

but when I call StartTrack they said Telstra does not allow them to leave the parcel in front of the door?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: StartTrack said Telstra does not allow them to leave the parcel in front of the door?

In front of the door is not a safe place. It has to be a location that at least can not be seen from the street. I have had two packages delivered and both were left in a location were they could not be seen.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Accepted Solution

Re: StartTrack said Telstra does not allow them to leave the parcel in front of the door?

In front of the door is not a safe place. It has to be a location that at least can not be seen from the street. I have had two packages delivered and both were left in a location were they could not be seen.
Support Team
Support Team

I solved this problem with a new letterbox. It cost a bomb but it has a separate lockable parcel section, with a flap similar to what's on a post box. Clearance is a couple of mm around each wall, so unless they've got arms like Hulk Hogan's, you're not reaching in and taking anything out.

Admittedly, the lock isn't much chop, if someone really wanted to break in, they could, but there's no such thing as perfect security.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now