CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Starting Telstra Gateway Frontier (Backup pathway connected & Fixed connection online)

Please help.

I connected Gateway yesterday and "Online" Light has still been "MAGENTA" color, which mean this means I could connect to Backup Pathway.

However, this light have not yet changed to "Green" one which means I can connect to Fixed Connection.

In order to use internet through Wifi, does it have to be changed to "Fixed Connection online" from "Backup Pathway connected" ? If so, how do I have to do for connecting to "Fixed Connection online" correctly ?

Your kind explanation would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Starting Telstra Gateway Frontier (Backup pathway connected & Fixed connection online)

Hi Taku,

Welcome to CrowdSupport

The Telstra Gateway Frontier modem is able to detect when your fixed broadband connection is not available. Once this happens the gateway will automatically switch over to the mobile backup connection to keep you connected through the inbuilt sim card. The gateway will continue to monitor if a fixed connection is available and once detected, it will automatically switch back.

You can find further Frequently Asked Questions for the Telstra Gateway Frontier at: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Broadband-nbn/Telstra-Frontier-Gateway-FAQ/ta-p/642180

If you are still experiencing trouble with your newly connected Gateway, please contact us at 133 933 (ADSL or Cable) or 1800 834 273 (NBN) where our team can investigate further to ensure it has been set up correctly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit