Highlighted
Chuck0830
Level 1: Cadet

Stuck in Captive Portal CCP0004

Recently switch from cable to NBN, and when I open browser pop up captive portal activation.

I put in my user name and password came up error code CCP0004 and this already last for a week!!!!

Interestingly my phone and ipad can connect to the internet, but both desktop came up the same activation page and get suck.

Most intersting thing is that my laptop doesn't have this problem!!!

Call telstra few time but it's absoultly HOPELESS and keep asking me to reset this restart that but not making any difference.

WTF!!!!!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 20: Director

Re: Stuck in Captive Portal CCP0004

CCP0004 error is related to a system being offline (or part of an outage). Other devices working which means that you are connected to the internet. Reboot PC and try another browser, reboot modem for 2 minutes and try again.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Stuck in Captive Portal CCP0004

Hi Chuck0830, 

You may also wish to turn off your old cable modem. It's possible that your other devices are connected to the NBN modem but the desktop you are getting these error messages on are trying to access the internet via the the old closed cable connection.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now