CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
GBO
Level 1: Cadet

Stuck in Captive Portal - CCP0028

Answered

I'm on a Naked Cable Elite plan and got the modem today as a new customer.  Started the activation process and got stuck at the Captive Portal page with a CCP0028 reference number.  Called support but no one seemed to know what to do and I got transferred a few times before I was told it would be escalated.  I then googled CCP0028 and found some threads on Whirlpool that got me nervous as people were writing that it took them weeks to get this resolved.  How can I get this resolved more quickly?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck in Captive Portal - CCP0028

This is something that needs to be escalated to a higher level than the techs that you talk to on the phone. You mentioned that this has already happened but if you send me a private message with your username and MAC address I can check this has been done for you.

I cannot provide a timeframe as it depends on what has caused the order/activation to get stuck. Some can be fixed quickly (within a few mins/hours) and others can take a few days or longer as the issue is more complex.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GBO
Accepted Solution

I was manually activated today after a few calls

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

This is something that needs to be escalated to a higher level than the techs that you talk to on the phone. You mentioned that this has already happened but if you send me a private message with your username and MAC address I can check this has been done for you.

I cannot provide a timeframe as it depends on what has caused the order/activation to get stuck. Some can be fixed quickly (within a few mins/hours) and others can take a few days or longer as the issue is more complex.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GBO

PM sent your way, DanK.

Was supposed to get a response in 24-48 hours - it's now been 4 days and nothing. Will call again but I'm guessing I'll get transferred a few times, get another escalation and another reference number, so any help you can give would be appreciated.
GBO
Accepted Solution

I was manually activated today after a few calls

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now