CrowdSupport®
am22
Level 1: Cadet

Stuck in captive portal CCP0004

After finally getting cable connected to my house last Thursday I was looking forward to being online again.....unfortunately I’m getting error CCP0004. After a couple of calls to support and the promise of a call back…which never came, now 5 days later I still have the same error. I really need to get this sorted but am fed up of spending time on the phone to support without resolution.

Any help or suggestions to get this fixed would be much appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Re: Stuck in captive portal CCP0004

@am22 wrote:

After finally getting cable connected to my house last Thursday I was looking forward to being online again.....unfortunately I’m getting error CCP0004. After a couple of calls to support and the promise of a call back…which never came, now 5 days later I still have the same error. I really need to get this sorted but am fed up of spending time on the phone to support without resolution.

Any help or suggestions to get this fixed would be much appreciated.

Unfortunately this sounds like an Activations issue, so you may need to call them on 13POND (137663) and say Internet.

am22

The problem is I've tried activations and it's still not resolved. I was hoping there was some other option to get it working without having to keep ringing activations and going round in circles.

Level 21: Augmented

This could also be a technical issue, it seems it may have something to do with the registration portal not being able to detect matching account details to the ones entered.

Have you ensured you're using the new username provided to you, and that you have waited for the advised time that your service would be activated?
Lathania

I am also having the same issues, and can not get an answer as to when it might be resolved. After 3 escalations I am no closer. I rang complaints and was told it might be quicker to cancel the order and re-apply. At least I spoke with someone that followed through on what they said they would do. Ringing tech support (three times) I was told the call would be escalated and I would receive a text message indicating same, whic of course, never happened.

janfoster01
Level 2: Rookie

Same issue Does anyone have an answer

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

New service or modem upgrade?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
kevinkjj

Same here, can't activate the modem, CCP0004. Call tech support, they said it will take 2-4 hour to get it fix, in worst case it will be 24 hour. The reason is my new modem's MAC address doesn't match the one on Telstra's system.

This is the problem, Telstra mistake or system error made me have no internet for 24 hour. 2-4hour is fine, but 24 hour is too long.
Fletch2

Telstra is aware for Stuck in captival portal.New error code CCO0004 -  Temporarity unavailable.Iam not willing to call Telstra,only tell me to turn off and unplug my new Gateway.It can be very difficult to understand the so called Tech support,especially from indian or philipine call centres.They are aware the problems with activation, so kindly inform Telstra.Time to walk my Blue Cattle Dog,one to two hours in the park,better than on the  phone.

Yours Truly,

Ian and Krypto.

bdoug666

This CCP0004 issue was caused to me by the ridiculous processes that Telstra have in place. I rang to book a technician as I was having trouble with the actual cable not working during my self install. What they didn't tell me was that they had cancelled the modem I had and created a new order provisioned with a "new two box solution" (don't know what that is yet).

So when I actually solved the cable problem myself, I now find I can't activate the original modem because of the new order and if I want to cancel this order a third order would need to be created. How stupid, I have a working modem good to go and the poor guy in Calcutta has his hands tied by Telstra's stuffup.

So I guess I just have to twiddle my thumbs until the technician can get here and the poor bugger is going to get both barrels when he doesn't deserve it,.

I wonder what I'm getting in the second box??? Maybe they forgot to send it in the initial order and I now get to pay $240 to have it delivered????

It's interesting that people like Fiona Hayes hide so far behind the call centres it's impossible to provide constructive feedback. Because it's a new service I can't even fill out the online complaint form as i don't know my account number yet. That wouldn't be deliberate?? would it?

Frostaboy

I have the same issue. It has been 4 days and now I am told level 2 tech team is looking into the issue and they will fix the issue within the next 4 days.
My case is I moved from a house with NBN to one without so I reverted back to using my old cable gateway max modem. I would have spent 5 hours on the phone over the four days so far.
I know the fix is for Telstra to register the modem’s MAC address. They keep saying there is an issue in their system that registers MACs.
Over the years I dread every time I ha e to call Telstra support. It is so frustrating that the simplest of tasks takes days.
I will certainly be disputing the $89 move fee
Frostaboy

An update. It has been three weeks and Telstra finally resolved the CCP0004 error. When I tried registering, I now get an CCP0012 error. I guess we start all over again. For the last week I have had a Telstra customer support person calling me every day to apologise and to let me know there is no progress, although, today she thought there was progress when Level 2 Tech support put in the system that the problem is resolved.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now