Highlighted
timbos
Level 1: Cadet

Stuck in the captive portal - BP Ultimate

Answered

Hoping someone can help me here... last Thursday, my Bigpond Ultimate Cable account was disconnected due to non-bill payment (we changed address, and the bill went to the old address... long story, but it's paid now).  After paying my bill, I called Telstra and asked for a re-connection... which they happily did.

Or not...

Since then, I've been sent to the captive portal, with a CCP0021 error.  I've called multiple times, and have been told that it will be escalated and I'll receive a call back in '15 minutes'... well, I never ever receive that call back... not once.

I've tried rebooting the modem, factory reset, unplugging for 1 hour... I've tried everything.  I'm heading into day 5 of this mess, and I'm at my wits end.  

What can I do to get Telstra to fix this?? Everytime I call, I feel I'm being cut off because it's too difficult (I've tried phone, online chat, etc).  I even tried talking to my business account manager, but unfortunately their hands are tied (we have over 5000 SIM cards with Telstra, so we are one of their larger customers... but obviously that doesn't give me much leverage in the HOME CABLE division)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck in the captive portal - BP Ultimate

In reply: @timbos

Seems to me that there is a huge issue with accountability regarding your case, however there is a known bug at the moment that is causing provisioning to fail.

Contact with DanK or Chi and have them chase down the issue.

As for the run around you have been given, I will strongly suggest that you make an official complaint, so this issue can be resolved and that Telstra can be held accountable for their actions within a reasonable timeframe.

It is about time this particular issue is resolved for good, it simply is not that hard to fix.

Keep us updated on how you get on Smiley Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

Seems to me that there is a huge issue with accountability regarding your case, however there is a known bug at the moment that is causing provisioning to fail.

Contact with DanK or Chi and have them chase down the issue.

As for the run around you have been given, I will strongly suggest that you make an official complaint, so this issue can be resolved and that Telstra can be held accountable for their actions within a reasonable timeframe.

It is about time this particular issue is resolved for good, it simply is not that hard to fix.

Keep us updated on how you get on Smiley Happy

timbos

Thanks Extreame.. Dan was quick to reply and ask for some more details, hopefully this sorts it out.

In the meantime, I'll consider making the complaint... it's simply unacceptable for the 1st level team to drop the ball like this.

I"ll let you know the outcome.

timbos

Thanks to DanK... it's now fixed!  Took only a few minutes after his initial reply.

It's a shame I had to resort to this process to get it fixed.. Telstra really really need to fix their support. 

Awesome, and yes do keep us updated with any progress to your case Smiley Happy

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

It was my pleasure to be able to lend a hand. To assist other members find the solution in future I would suggest marking Extreame's post as the solution Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

khanh2907
Level 3: Gumshoe

Why can't you do this for me? Smiley Sad

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I am very sorry for the delay with your serhvce khanh2907 and I know that it seems like you are experiencing the same issue but your situation is different. You can be sure that if I was able to get yours fixed today then I certainly would.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

wid_sha
Level 2: Rookie

Getting the same error.

First signed up in April, was put on elite pinnacle plan by mistake. Billing team said another request has to be put through for the service to get switched over. Service finally activated with 100mb and home phone around May 9th. Called telstra back as I was advised to request to get rebundled, told them both services were active and to rebundle. Found out a month later with a bill of over $800 that the accounts weren't rebundled got charged twice. Telstra acknowledged mistake first month was corrected to $105 in July. Now found out the plan was again changed to elite pinnacle, back to square one...

I have 12 interaction numbers, just want to get this resolved. Requested to be put on ultimate cable, plan "modication" was put thorugh, I've got emails saying the service is activated and plan change is successful. However the service has not been working since Wednesday, had no warning about down time whatsoever. Waiting for a call back from level two support still as the issue couldn't be resolved by activations.

The error number is CCP0021 on the captiv portal. Tried all the troubleshooting possible. Reset router numerous times, disconnected coax cable, different browsers. It seems like the modem is already registerd on the server so its not letting it re-register. The MAC address shouldn't change but it may need to be manually re-registered to the server.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now