Highlighted
Gomdori
Level 1: Cadet

Sudden drop in download speed of my cable internet

Hi,

I have been using the cable internet since it was connected on 14/1/2019. It has been working great and I used to be able to get around 55Mbps and 5Mbps for download and upload respectively regardless of onpeak/offpeak.
However, I experienced a sudden no connection issue yestetday afternoon as I didn't get green lights on upstream and internet on the cable adapter with only downstream light constantly blinking and got issued with a fault ticket number after a long phone conversation.
This morning I tried to connect again first thing in the morning and seem to be able to connect to the internet again with all solid green lights on the cable adapter but am getting a very very slow download speed of less than 0.5Mbps with the usual upload speed of around 5Mbps.
I contacted Telstra tech support again and was advised there is an outage in our area at the moment expected to be resolved by 6pm tomorrow but when I ran the Telstra smart trouble shooting it says there's no outages in my area. I don't know which is correct.
It seems like it's only the download speed affected. Is that possibly affected by the outage or something else?
I live in Stafford Heights, QLD 4053.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Sudden drop in download speed of my cable internet

Support is correct. There is an outage with an ETR of tomorrow by 6, and other with no ETR yet
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more