Tech2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Super Fast NBN is SUPER SLOW During Peak Times

If Paying For a Service & Pay a Fee ,You know What Your are Getting ;....By law I never Get The speed I have paid for not once, Never got my .100/40 ever , Now we get so called Peak times ...Crap ..IT's  hit dial-up speed to the point or ,It just stops ,  Every month we should all credited back the speed they can't provide , Till They fix their Fault..We are becoming a joke to the Rest ..

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
22 REPLIES 22
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Super Fast NBN is SUPER SLOW During Peak Times

Can you post your modem connection stats? That way we can see what your modem is seeing and may get a better idea of what is happening with your connection.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

Technically you'll never hit 100/40 exactly but should be able to get in the mid 90s and 30s if your line is capable of it.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Tech2

FTTP, Telsra Gateway mk2 modem , Cat6 network cables , ..Most times speed is 98.7mb peak time ,is the problem like everyone Else,,,

Tech2

98.7... peaks times it's crap,,

Sounds like congestion. But a description of crap doesn't really help. Posting a screenshot of the modem's connection stats and a speedtest result taken when the speeds drop off will let us tell you one way or another.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Tech2

IMG_20180318_162037.jpg

@Jupiter wrote:
Sounds like congestion. But a description of crap doesn't really help. Posting a screenshot of the modem's connection stats and a speedtest result taken when the speeds drop off will let us tell you one way or another.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Tech2, 

Sorry to see the speed issues and I can understand the frustration. For NBN technical support please give us a call on 1800 834 273 and we can check on this for you.

let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tech2

Took 2 days off work, No tech Turned up ,No calls just excesses .Why NBN ,Telstra just blame each other , No-one want's to fix peak period congestion ...Which should not exist in the first place....
Tech2

That phone number is just a off shore ,Telstrsa call centre, who can't do nothing ..
Support Team
Support Team

When you speak with Telstra, you're connected with the team that best suits your enquiry. 

There isn't any training or abilities that are decided based on geographical location, but rather the purpose of the team. If you're needing to speak with someone in our nbn support team, they will have the same training, abilities and access irrespective of location. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Tech2

SUPER SLOW During Peak Times ,Telstra page not Responding So Slow ..

Highlighted
Oops2
Level 2: Rookie

Interesting comment... doesn’t make me feel like I have make to right decision to connect

Hey @Tech2 if you connect you computer directly to the NTD in the same UNI port as your modem and run speed test during peak times do you still speed issue. If its congesting I'd expect your upload speed to be affected more.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Tech2

usually is uploads are slow as in afternoon ...

If the speed is still affected when connected directly to the UNID port and is only affected during peak times it does look like it could be congestion. Do you have any reference numbers or fault numbers from speaking with Telstras NBN team? Additionally are any of your neighbors with Telstra also have slow speeds during peak times?

Tech2

INT 1-1902838174643.   SR 1-1887137266884    Yes I'm not the only one

How long have you had the connection for roughly? Has it always been slow at peak times?

Tech2

18 months , last 6 six months slower & slower ..

Has Telstra NBN assurance team or your complaints case manager been able to shed any light on the cause? Apologized for the late reply, I've been on night shifts.

Tech2

Their is not  enough Bandwidth , In Area for peak times for all.. That NBN & Telstra , Advise & ,No Update when The Issue will be Fixed...  speed at 2.1mb  buffering & blue circles ..blip blip Audio..Not HAPPY ,,,

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Are you running the tests via Ethernet?
Have you run the test from a PC directly connected to the NTD instead of connecting to the modem?

it would not be a CVC congestion issue for the entire duration
Its a direct fibre connection so line speeds due to distance and what not do not apply
When you say 'everyone else' who are you referring to?
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Tech2

4pm to 6pm is the slowest time , where your watching blue circles waiting.. 

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more