CrowdSupport®
Lee1878
Level 1: Cadet

Switching back to Broadband network

Answered
Ok starting to get the **bleep**s with Telstra constantly telling me my NBN is in the mobile network and need to switch it back to broadband... how about Telstra send instructions on how to do this instead of directing me to useless information that is not relevant
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: Switching back to Broadband network

Hey BeaBea,

I can appreciate your concerns with the message that has been received and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you Smiley Sad It does appear that this is a known issue with the notification system having these sent out incorrectly and is being worked on at the present time. This will hopefully be resolved asap and if you do receive any further notifications on this, I would recommend you contact the Tech Team to ensure your connection speeds are not affected. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

You're internet service may be experiencing drops. Have you spoken to the bigpond teams about your connection? You can contact the ADSL and Cable teams on 132200 and NBN team in 1800 834 273
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If your online light green then your modem is connected to your normal connection and is not using the 4G backup and you can ignore the message. These messages are sent out automatically and there is a problem resulting in messages being generated even when modem is not using the backup. Telstra knows about the problem and will be installing patch to stop these messages being generated when modem is not on backup

If online is purple then modem is on backup. Ring support and lodge a fault.

Level 21: Augmented

@Lee1878, there have been posts (e.g. https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Billing-Payments/NBN-Modem-Reporting-on-4G-to-Telstra-althoug...) about this recently by myself and @Yastiandrie that indicate this being a bug and that fix is going to be released next week.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
BeaBea
Level 1: Cadet

I'm having the same problem!  I have just been sent a message that I've been on the mobile network for over 14 days.  During this time I have contacted Telstra and they assured me it was all ok.  I cannot find any instructions on how to 'switch back' as the message suggests.  Have you had any luck at all?

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hey BeaBea,

I can appreciate your concerns with the message that has been received and do apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused you Smiley Sad It does appear that this is a known issue with the notification system having these sent out incorrectly and is being worked on at the present time. This will hopefully be resolved asap and if you do receive any further notifications on this, I would recommend you contact the Tech Team to ensure your connection speeds are not affected. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

my_alias
Level 2: Rookie

Same same. My lights are always yellow-green-green-green whenever I check yet i've been getting these notifications. I did the speedtest and got 45Mbps so I know I'm not on mobile backup (limited to 6 Mbps I think). The links on email send you to troubleshooting, and it's not me with the problem, it's the alarming. I've called the number on the email and it seems to be the standard faults call centre and they try to walk you through the troubleshooting too. It's a real time waster.
Level 21: Augmented

@my_alias, can you read? Did you read the posts above before posting same question again?

This is known issue and it is being worked on... In the meantime, just ignore the messages...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now