CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Sydney eastern suburbs service well non service

Is anyone having similar problems with cable internet in the Sydney Eastern suburbs?  

I know that there is a complete blackout from Friday  25Nov until Tuesday 29 Nov (scheduled), but it was also down last weekend at about the same time.  And the same happened in late October , early November.  

It seems to be down every weekend from Friday to Monday/Tuesday.  Even when working there are many drop outs.  I have rung Bigpond each time to find out and most times they did not even know there was an outage.  They did know about it this time.  However when I asked if they had my messages/complaints  from the  last time, they said their own systems were also down so they did not have them available.  It inspires confidence.  

I was recently offered an upgrade from 500GB to 1000GB by Telstra which they made a mess of changing.   It took 3 times to fix things and not even sure if okay now.   I guess Tesltra can give upgrades away very easily because they won't provide the service anyway.

Heres how it goes.

We will give you an upgrade from 500 to 1000 GB for free.   Of course they will not tell you about the countless hours you spend on the phone fixing up the mess they made of your accounts because of the simple upgrade.   And even if you finally get the upgrade their service is always down so it is useless. 

Does anyone know of a reliable internet supplier?  I am running a small business and this costs real money to me. 

Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Sydney eastern suburbs service well non service

Hi PeterTs,

Sorry to hear of the Cable issues you have been experiencing. 

What is your suburb and postcode? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Postcode is 2030.   Still no service and it is now Monday 28 Nov 2016.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thank you PeterTs, 

I can see an interruption affecting Cable services in your area here (Service Status) with an ETR for 29th of November at approx 5:30pm ACDT.

It is important to note that Cable is not considered a business grade service, therefore if you are using this service for running a small business perhaps our business grade ADSL services would suit better. These can be found here  and offer different SLA's than that of consumer services for when running a business.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Hi.  Replying again.  Previously on my smart phone ( a different supplier- Vodaphone) so I could not write much. 

Now using my vodaphone smart phone as tethering node.  

I am in Dover heights NSW.   My postcode is 2030.

My cable internet connection had been very unreliable from about 31 Oct  to 5 Nov  -   I phoned and was told in the end it was an outage, although no one knew that until about 3 calls.   They were going to send someone to my address, but because outage did not.

Cable internet completely down about midday 18 Nov to early 21 Nov.  I phoned and again no one knew it was an outage.  They were going to send someone to my address.  They said if they solved the problem by 21 Nov ten would not send and would tell me.  No one told me, but internet back on 21 Nov.

Cable Internet completely down fro about 4pm Friday 25 Nov until now  Monday 28 Nov at 1pm.  Still not working.

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

I can certainly appreciate that you have contacted out teams and because of this you were informed of an outage. 

As I have mentioned above there is currently an interruption affecting Cable services in your area with an ETR of the 29th of Nov 5:30PM ACDT.

Also, It is important to note that Cable is not considered a business grade service, therefore if you are using this service for running a small business perhaps our business grade ADSL services would suit better. These can be found here and offer different SLA's than that of consumer services for when running a business.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit