Highlighted
Cour
Level 1: Cadet

TELSTRA NBN broadband and phone bundle

Answered
I made a new order for home broadband bundle. My cable internet has been fine, but just couldn't get the landline installed. Telstra technicians missed two appointments for landline installation without notice, and still can't provide a solution. Since the order is incomplete because of this, I also can't redeem my 24 month Foxtel offer. Where can I make a formal complaint and how can I end my contract without incurring early termination charge? Many thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: TELSTRA NBN broadband and phone bundle

If you haven't had a landline previously (no phone socket in the house), or the existing landline hasn't had an active Telstra service on it for more than 6 months, then you will need to be home for the Technician's visit as they will either need to install a phone socket, or test the existing socket to make sure that it is working.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

If you are on an NBN HFC (Cable) service, then there is no landline to be installed. Your Landline Phone runs through the HFC via the Telstra modem. Plug the handset in to the Green Phone socket on the modem and it should be up and running.

If you still wish to lodge a complaint, use this link

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Cour

Thanks for your reply. I'm on a regular cable (not covered by NBN yet). They insisted that landline is part of the bundle but keep missing appointments, so the order is still incomplete. The order in the system was also changed from bundle to voice service. I kept getting mixed messages from the call centre and online support as to whether I have to be home during the scheduled installation.
Accepted Solution

If you haven't had a landline previously (no phone socket in the house), or the existing landline hasn't had an active Telstra service on it for more than 6 months, then you will need to be home for the Technician's visit as they will either need to install a phone socket, or test the existing socket to make sure that it is working.
Cour

Many thanks.
Level 19: Deputy Director

Please click the solution button if its sorted.
Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so. "button"

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more