Yeok
Level 2: Rookie

TVB Anywhere/ Telstra Broadband

Could you please tell us how to resolve the issue? We had internet with Vividwireless before and no issue at all. Now we are with Telstra and the TVB livestream box is not working at all. Read the responses on this page and contacted Telstra. The person doesn't know how to resolve neither understand the issue. Just keep telling me to contact TVB to resolve. We tried using our mobile phones for internet connection and it's worked. Much appreciated if you could reply with details. Nowadays, Telstra staff is not helpful at all.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
20 REPLIES 20
Support Team
Support Team

Re: TVB Anywhere/ Telstra Broadband

Hi Yeok. Thanks for coming through. Sorry to hear. What is your Telstra internet like with other devices? Does it work okay except for the TVB box? Does the TVB box display any specific error message? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Yeok

Hi Matthew,
No need to say sorry as it's nothing to do with you. The Telstra management should take the responsibilities.
The TVB Box was working before we signed with Telstra.
Currently, it does not show any error message and it's connected with WIFI and not able to connect to the TVB. I have no IT background and believed it relates to a certain setting. I connected with mobile (hotspot) and it's worked. I just not sure what caused the issue. Hope you can help and much appreciated your help.Yeok
Support Team
Support Team

I'm not familiar with that piece of hardware, Yeok. It's possible it's still locked to your previous provider. Is your mobile with us? - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Yeok

My Mobile is with Optus.
It's not locked with the previous provider.
We knew someone posted the same discussion couple months ago on crowdsupport.
Tried to ask for the solution and have no response yet.
Level 24: Supreme Being

What modem are you using?

Are you using standard settings or have you adjusted any settings?

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Yeok

HI DrQ,
Using Telstra Smart Modem and have not change any setting.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Yeok,

If the internet connection itself is working then there would not be much the Telstra faults team will be able to assist with as it is just this device that is having a problem. 

Talking to the TVB support team would be best as they would be able to troubleshoot on their device and work out why it is not working on this connection and then work out a solution from there. Another thread has suggested changing DNS details in the device but this is not something the Telstra faults team can assist with which is why they would have suggested the device support team.

- AlistairQWA

The problem could be that Telstra Broadband protect is blocking access the server used by TVB Anywhere. If the server is being blocked by Telstra Broadband protect there are two solutions.

1. Remove Telstra Broadband protect Add On.
  2. Change DNS settings to bypass Telstra Broadband protect.

From previous post there it appears there is no option to change the DNS settings on the TVB anywhere box. If you have the Telstra Smart modem Gen 2 the DNS setting can be changed in the modem.

Log into modem using Web browser on device connected to modem.  IP address of modem is http://192.168.0.1 and default user ID and password is admin/telstra.

Go to Advanced > Local Network > change DNS to 8.8.8.8, remove tick next to Local IPv6 state, save and then reboot modem.

givemeausername
Level 1: Cadet

This contradicts what you have said in other posts where the DNS cannot be changed on the Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2.

@givemeausername

I have stated that the DNS setting cannot be changed in the original Telstra Smart Modem. The TelstraSmart Modem Gen 2 has only been available for only a couple weeks my previous post was written before the Gen 2 modem was available before I even new Telstra was releasing a Telstra Smart Modem Gen 2

Level 22: Superhuman

I took a quick glance at the GUI on my Gen 2 Smart modem and I'm not seeing the option to customise DNS settings nor am I personally aware of customizing the DNS settings being made available again. @cf4 are you using an Arcaydian or Technicolor variant of the Gen 2?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

@343GuiltySpark

Arcaydian

Smart_Modem_Gen_2_DNS.JPG

I'm not seeing that on mine which is a technicolor. I know there are some differences between the GUI on them. Might be a bug. @Yastiandrie any thoughts?
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

The Arcaydian also has the ability to backup settings. Does the Technicolor have a backup function. The USB port only has settings for DLNA there are no settings for using the USB port as a network drive or to attach a printer. I am not in possession of a modem I only have some images of the GUI.

I cant see any options to back up settings on the Technicolor. It looks like it can see hard drive settings, so may still work with network storage. I have a feeling I know why those opinions are available on the Arcaydian GUI images you have but will have to wait till it becomes public.

Level 25: The Singularity

The Technicolor probably doesn't have the backup settings available as they (Technicolor) previously screwed up the way it worked, which caused problems with their modems.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

There's not many of the Arcadyans in circulation, not even certain if any have reached consumers.

I wouldn't rely on those features staying active on them
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Yeok

Hi,
I believed my smart modem is the older version. Unable to change the DNS and just turned off the IPv6.

I'm pretty sure that the problem with the TVB Anywhere service is a routing issue.
The problem is that nobody has any idea where it should be routing to or where the problem is occurring.
If you can manage to get that information from TVB, then we may be able to assist in the troubleshooting, but otherwise it is all purely guessing and speculation.
The last time this issue came up, it resolved itself after an extended period of time.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Leobbit
Level 1: Cadet

For what it’s worth, I have Telstra nbn and tvbanywhere with no issues, though I am connecting the tvb box to the Telstra smart modem using th Ethernet cable.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more