CrowdSupport®
Hugh_Jass
Level 1: Cadet

TWO unsolicited SMS message from Telstra

I received two separate SMS messages from Telstra today. The first made me think that an attempt was being made to access my account.

Hello from Telstra. Your One-Time Verification Code is 253221. Please do not reply to this message.

The second one made me think that unauthorised changes were being made

Hi, confirming an nbn co technician will visit your home to fix your issue on 06 November 2018 between 1pm and 5pm. Someone aged 18+ must be there. To reschedule, please call 1800 834 273 at least 24hrs before the appointment. Thank you.

Two calls to Telstra and Two unsatisfactory responses received. Nobody was willing to answer the questions that I was asking, they only wanted to educate me about NBN. I advised them that I had worked for Telstra for 17 years and was fully aware of what the NBN was. I was told that the appointment SMS was merely a reminder message that NBN was in my area.

Is this simply the result of the wrong SMS being sent out or has someone made a shady attempt at a sale.... Or has someone made a blanket decision without considering the ramifications. Pretty sure that this qualifies as unauthorised changes to an account if the messages are to be believed.

Is someone able to provide some details?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: TWO unsolicited SMS message from Telstra

It could be that the SMS messages were sent to your number by mistake. When you rang the number did they confirm that a technician will be visiting your premises on the 6th of November?

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: TWO unsolicited SMS message from Telstra

This is a community forum account related information cant be provided here. Id reconmend calling back to ask again about the texts and then raise a complaint if need be to have it looked into further.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now