CrowdSupport®
CentralianAlien
Level 1: Cadet

Technical support difficulties

I have been trying through Telstra's technical support  number (1800776143) to fix up my Outlook Express after changing from Westnet back to Telstra. All my emails are messed up, coming in and going out. I was connected with a "technician" (I  presume) whose accent was so thick  and incomprehensible I found it impossible to understand his directions, even after I asked him to slow down his speech and even to spell specific words. Doesn't Telsta employ Aussie staff any more?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Technical support difficulties

@CentralianAlien wrote:

I have been trying through Telstra's technical support  number (1800776143) to fix up my Outlook Express after changing from Westnet back to Telstra. All my emails are messed up, coming in and going out. I was connected with a "technician" (I  presume) whose accent was so thick  and incomprehensible I found it impossible to understand his directions, even after I asked him to slow down his speech and even to spell specific words. Doesn't Telsta employ Aussie staff any more?

there's nothing difficult about setting up Outlook Express for any email provider, how about detailing how it is configured now and what you want to do, I'm sure you could be pointed in the right direction

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Gday CentralianAlien,

I'm Happy to report that Telstra does employ Aussies in Customer Service.

To setup your Outlook Express to work with Bigpond, you can visit https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/set-up-your-email which walks you through the process. If you have already set it up and to check the settings, go to https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/set-up-your-email

You may also like to call Bigpond on 133933, as from a quick google search the 1800 number seems to be for internal Mobile faults only (which may not be the area your looking for).

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 21: Augmented

keep in mind when you've changed accounts and you have existing mail from a different account in your inbox that forwarding old emails can often fail as a new mail server doesn't know about the old and the email will appear to be being relayed rather than forwarded

if you do have old email you need to deal with through a new account better to copy the content and compose a new email and then send, this will work without getting tripped up by the mail server

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Haunted360
Level 3: Gumshoe

"I'm Happy to report that Telstra does employ Aussies in Customer Service"

Yeah right mate. By that I mean you employ Indian Aussies?

Just switch ISP's. It is the best thing I ever did!

Go with Internode. THEY ARE THE GREATEST.

You should also never use ISP email services.

Go and get Google Mail.

ALAN48
Level 1: Cadet

You reckon you have problems. One of our email addresses dropped out in early November. Since then we have been told on 5 occasions it would take 2-5 working days to fix. We have been told to subscribe to Platinum [@ $15 per month] because the regular Tech support couldn't handle it. We have also been told the problems would be escalated to a higher level - no joy here.

After 9+ weeks a level 5 Tech came on the phone today and said she coudn't find any notes relating to the problem. The guy before that was attempting to move some files and left me waiting for 3 hours - no joy here either.

It's about time ALL the tech support be brought back onshore.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now