Level 2: Rookie

Technician didn't turn up

Answered

Order 1-1790278264107

Technician didn't turn up. Asked the online chat what happened and immediate I got a text saying it is rescheduled to 5/12.

Called 132200 about the order. Initially I was told there was nothing scheduled for today (29/11), but after telling them I had text and emails, telling me I should be at home expecting them, they agreed I was right.

Asked them to guarantee the 5/12 would happen. They said yes, it is a 'healthy ticket'. I asked if the 29/11 ticket was healthy, to which they said yes. Go figure.

I know an employee who had the same issue...back and forth. Until they went through the employee channel and it was fixed right away. I find this weird.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution

Re: Technician didn't turn up

Still waiting if anyone at Telstra was concerned.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Is it for NBN?
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 22: Superhuman

If Its NBN today was most likely the NBN tech appointment (They dont always come to your house) and the Telstra Tech is coming out on the 5/12
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Thanks. It's for ADSL as my area isn't NBN ready. Both parties made that clear when the order was made. In fact, my first order (ref NA89697462) with them was cancelled with no warning as I ticked "NBN Professional Install". I only found out it was cancelled when I chatted online to them a week later.

That's odd, hopefully the tech comes out as booked 5/12 if that is what has been advised.
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Support Team
Support Team

Hey 1234567893, keep us posted, if anything else goes wrong come back here and we'll see what we can do to escalate this for you.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Still waiting. Technician turned up 5/12 and performed the necessary (phone line works). He did not have a modem with him (as the chat support said he would). Contacted chat support again and they apologised, said they'd send one our in 3-5 business days. Now I'm checking in on the 3rd business day and they said they haven't sent it...something is wrong with the order and it has to be processed again - but the order creator needs to do it.

Walking to the telstra store now to see if they'll get me a modem.

Would have been ok with all of the above if telstra kept me up to date with my order status...but I've had to contact them at each step.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in our reply and to hear of the frustration.

This is most certainly not the feedback we like to see coming from our customers.

Can I ask if there is any help or support we can provide for outstanding matters since you sent this message to us? 

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Sure - make sure the technician turns up between 8am - 12pm tomrrow (4/1) with the modem.

The Telstra store said they couldn't do anything quicker than your website team.

I had a case manager call me early December to understand the issue. He said he'd call me back within 2 days from that call + he could compensate me for this delay. I received no call back.

I've been hotspotting off my mobile for the last month.

So in summary, still waiting and still having to contact Telstra to get status updates (which turn out to be incorrect anyway).
Support Team
Support Team

While we're not able to access accounts or make changes to services via posts on these forums, I've emailed the case manager assigned to your order and his team leader asking for follow-up contact confirming the appointment once he's available next.

Anyone in that case management team could've called me back already, doesn't have to be the assigned person.

Now I'm waiting for a bigpond account password so my modem online light will go from green to purple. I'm surprised this wasn't set up earlier. Anyway, 24 hours ago I was told it would take 24 hours to create/activate. After following up this morning I'm told it will take 24 hours to create/activate. I reckon I'll follow up again tomorrow morning, and I'll be told it will take 24 hours to create/activate.

1. Why have I had to follow up Telstra at every milestone
2. Why has every milestone been missed, and the 2nd promised date missed?
3. Why don't case managers call back (probably because he said he'd compensate me and then avoided the case after that?)
4. 3 of you have replied here, 1 missing case manager, 10's of spam emails (trying to cross sell or promote something, when I haven't even got my core product active), multiple online chats, multiple phone chats, a store visit..............how many employees of Telstra do I have to go through to get this order complete?

"I reckon I'll follow up again tomorrow morning, and I'll be told it will take 24 hours to create/activate".

Just as I thought.

Just went on the chat support. They gave me a 1800 number to call and I ended up at the cable tech support. The person tried to transfer me to the ADSL tech support team, however after a few minutes on hold the same person came back and said they ADSL colleague read my history and has escalated it and I'll get a phone call within 24 hours...end of phone call.

Appears tech support, chat support, crowd support and case managers can't do much for me. If nothing changes in the next week I'm ready to give up, as all the hard wiring is in place for me to go to another provider.
Support Team
Support Team

Ok thank you for your reply, I apologise for the long call between departments. I have contacted your case manager to request this be followed up with you as soon as possible.
- Ryan

Accepted Solution

Still waiting if anyone at Telstra was concerned.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @1234567893

Just wanted to check in to see how you went with your complaints case manager?

I look forward to your response.

- Jimmy

I'm connected now. I was on my way to Optus when he called, and after mentioning that it took half a day to get my order complete.

Should have received compensation. Telstra TV box, a free month...something to make me forget this process. The run around was a shocker.

My recommendation for anyone considering this service is:
a) go with someone else, but if that's not an option then
b) stay on the case daily otherwise you will be forgotten (and they just might even cancel your order without telling you)
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @1234567893,

I'm so sorry you to hear that this has been your experience. Thank you for keeping us updated on the progress and I am glad to hear that you are now connected.

While we're not able to access accounts via these forums for privacy reasons, you can discuss this experience with a case manager in our Complaints team through the secure link: https://tel.st/n8dvy​​​​​​. 

They can discuss compensation for the ongoing problems. 

Please let us know how you go

- Matty

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more