bigfish1
Level 2: Rookie

Telsta 24x7 not working for 3 days

Answered
Internet was supposed to be back on at 3pm on the 23rd Jan after a days interuption. Now i find it maybe back on 3 days later by 25th at 4pm maybe. No warnings, no sms nothing about the extended delay anywhere. Carine western australia.
Do i get 3 days credit? I bet i dont.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telsta 24x7 not working for 3 days

Pretty much the entire HFC network has been asset transferred to NBN. That means they are now responsible for the maintenance and repair of the network, including customers still using Testra HFC.

When a Fault occurs, NBN is engaged to repair it. Whether or not they give restoration dates or a description of the fault cause is entirely up to them. If they don't, or they have given a date and it has been surpassed, the estimated restoration time has to either be marked as TBC, or extended.

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8

There's a cable outage in the area awaiting NBN to repair

When it is resolved you can contact billing for credits

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

bigfish1

3 days outage when they said only half a day? Come on and they still dont know when it will be cak on. Cant run a business like this. Do i now have to get a back ISP to covet Telstra's limits.?
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

If it is NBN, then Telstra is as much victim as you are and no other provider will work either - it's NBN that is having outage, not ISPs. And, sometimes these cable repairs are not as simple or easy as everyone here thinks.
DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
bigfish1

Going on 5 days now. I am on cable not nbn and still no clue. What **bleep**up to have this happen over the australia day lo g weeke d
Level 21: Augmented

You might be "on cable not nbn" as you say, but the area is most probably under NBN Co control already as @Yastiandrie said, so NBN Co needs to do the cable fix.

I believe that Telstra, NBN and all other telcos do non-emergency repairs only on business days... Those people are same as you - they want weekends and holidays too...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.
Accepted Solution

Pretty much the entire HFC network has been asset transferred to NBN. That means they are now responsible for the maintenance and repair of the network, including customers still using Testra HFC.

When a Fault occurs, NBN is engaged to repair it. Whether or not they give restoration dates or a description of the fault cause is entirely up to them. If they don't, or they have given a date and it has been surpassed, the estimated restoration time has to either be marked as TBC, or extended.

DivDiDamo
Level 1: Cadet

Hi bigfish1. I am in the same boat and agree with you. Telstra’s communication to it’s customers leaves a lot to be desired. I did ask them on Friday if they were having technicians work over the long weekend to which they replied they were. I was also provided with two assurances at the end of two of the days that the issue would be definitely be repaired that day/the next day. These sort of outages have been common in other suburbs over the last year or so too. I would think that you would know if a job is going to take longer than a day to fix, especially when you are heading into day seven.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Regarding bigfish1's comment regarding the rebate for the time that you have been unable to use your service. Once it is back up and running, you can request a rebate by calling 13 22 00, using Live Chat or we have recently enabled a new feature where customers can do this online via their Telstra 24x7 My Account. Just follow this link for the steps on how to do complete the request.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now