CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Arcadyan LH1000 Modem, NBN - PS4, sony TV connectivity issues

Sometime last year we switched to NBN and were sent the Arcadyan LH1000 modem.

Seemed nice but when I connected it up only devices that could handle 5GHz wifi could seem to connect/find the SSID. After disabling band steering I could connect on my ps4 and TV but couldn't get any internet connectivity, or it was extremely poor like less than 10kbs download speed - completely useless. I tried load of things like disabling 5GHz completely and still the same.

I gave up and reconnected my old modem which worked fine.

Recently we've had such bad NBN that we had Telstra out and they were adamant that we should use the other newer modem.

Problem is the Ps4 and TV issue is back.

I've spent the morning again trying to fix it but it's the same as before  - this time even setting up static IP and port forwarding and disabled 5GHz completely but still the same issue. 

I'm totally lost now - i have no more ideas.

Can anyone help?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Telstra Arcadyan LH1000 Modem, NBN - PS4, sony TV connectivity issues

Which version firmware does your modem have? Modems with early versions of the firmware had problems PS4. The latest firmware is 0.09.11r and is displayed on LHS of log in screen.

If you have latest firmware try disabling IPv6 (Go to Advanced > Local Network) If that doesn't work try using a non Telsra DNS (Go to Advanced > Local Network) for both IPv4 and IPv6. After disabling IPv6 or changing DNS reboot modem or disconnect and reconnect all devices.

Highlighted

How do i get latest firmware I can't see anywhere to update it?

current is: 

Firmware Version 0.07.05r

Highlighted

update:

turning off IPv6 seems to have fixed the TV connectivity. This was an older Sony Bravia smart TV

Still the same issue on PS4 though.

Highlighted

There is no way to manually update firmware. Firmware is updated automatically. Sometimes rebooting the modem triggers a firmware update. There have been two firmware updates between yours and the current firmware version. If firmware doesn't update suggest you contact Telstra support.

Highlighted

Spoke too soon on the TV - seems it's still the same. Both connect but have terrible speed compared to other devices - like so slow the devices believe there's no internet connect or report sub10kbs speeds on downloads. Uploads speeds are seemingly better but still maxing out at around 200kbs.

got Telstra to update the firmware and tried the dns and ipv6 changes but still no luck getting the PS4 or TV to get a decent connection - speed is super slow or non existent to the point where each device thinks there's no internet.

Any other suggestions anyone?

Highlighted

Are all your devices connected by WiFi? Is it only the PS4 and Sony TV that are slow? If you disconnect the NBN link and wait about 4 minutes for modem to switch to 4G backup is speed still slow? If PS4 is connected by LAN cable is it still slow?

Highlighted

Everything is wifi - some stuff on the 5GHz some on 2.4Ghz - other things on 2GHz not having teh same issue.

The thing I have noticed on the modem dashboard is the link speed seems kinda crappy for these two devices. 

Tried 4G backup - speed is same on PS4 and TV (i.e. practically non existent).

Can't try the LAN cable as I don't think i have one long enough. 

Old modem worked fine so it must be some config issue on this modem. 

Gonna have to plug the old one back in soon or look at trying to use it as some kind of bridge?

Highlighted

Try changing 2.4 GHz mode to b/g instead of b/g/n. Could also try changing 2.4 GHz WiFi bandwidth to 20 MHz and leave mode the same.

Highlighted

I've tried these suggestions already - god I feel I tried every possible combination.

Have just rigged up a solution. Not the ideal solution but have bridged the old modem to the Arcadyan - now have option to connect to old or new.

Everything seems to work.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit