CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
indomitable91
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Broadband Protect won't install

Answered

Hey guys,

So I tried to install Telstra Broadband Protect on my mother's computer, and halfway through the installation a message pops up saying something along the lines of "Please complete installation via the Web Based Installer" and then I get told the restart the computer.

My mother's computer ran Windows 7 and now runs Windows 10, this issue occurred on both operating systems. She also had the former Telstra Online Security which I uninstalled prior to attempting to install Broadband Protect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Robot Happy

Liam George

Technology Enthusiast
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Broadband Protect won't install

Hello,

I have not used that software, but I know the answer could be any one of a multitude of things.

It would be best of you ring 133 933 and say "technical support" and the people you speak to will have "cheat sheets" on most technical issues relating to problems relating to your software. 

If you check back here later, another of our team who has used Broadband Protect..., may be able to help more specifically. Cheers

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hello,

I have not used that software, but I know the answer could be any one of a multitude of things.

It would be best of you ring 133 933 and say "technical support" and the people you speak to will have "cheat sheets" on most technical issues relating to problems relating to your software. 

If you check back here later, another of our team who has used Broadband Protect..., may be able to help more specifically. Cheers

If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Mellady1
Level 2: Rookie

I am not a Telstra support person, but I discovered how to uninstall "Telstra Broadband Protect" from my computer.

1) First go into the Telstra Broadband Protect application (the menu box on your desktop), go into general settings and ensure 'uninstall broadband protect' is not ticked.  You will need to enter your username and password, but this did recognise my details.

2) After it has updated its settings you may then go into the control panel and unstall the application.

This worked on my computer.  Hope it helps.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit