CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Wilti
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Cable 3.0 - cable connections

Answered

I'm told that the Broadband Cable 3.0 product is delivered over a co-ax cable.

Is that co-ax cable fed all the way into my modem location, or is it terminated at an earlier point?

If terminated earlier - does it rely on the old (& suspect!) copper wires that were previously used for my ADSL2+ connection?

Thanks for your help (no one in sales knew the answer).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wilti
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Cable 3.0 - cable connections

Thanks. That's perfectly clear!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello Wilti,

I'm looking at the cable in front of me.

It is a totally different cable to the phone line. Absolutely no connection between the HFC cable and your phone line whatsoever.

The HFC cable which is its correct name is,  is  run to a point in your premises, then another shorter lead is connected to that wall point / outlet.....   which goes to your modem. Let me know if any other questions!

Best wishes

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
Wilti
Accepted Solution

Thanks. That's perfectly clear!

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

It is delivered over a Hybrid Fibre Coax (HFC) Cable, it is run into the house and terminates at a faceplate, you then run a cable from the faceplate to the modem which is another coax cable, and that connects it to the HFC network and the internet is provided over it... at no point in your house does it connect or rely on the Copper network.

It is significantly faster then ADSL with the standard speed being 30/1Mbps (compared to a maximum speed on ADSL2+ of 20/1Mbps) with the option of increasing it to up to 100/2Mbps if you have the need, the need for speed.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now