watchbird
Level 3: Gumshoe

Telstra Complaint Handling

Telstra's Complaint Handling Process is a complete failure.
I have lodged 3 complaints on-line -
6.10.18 SR 1-1706808840235 no acknowledgement received.
6.10.18 SR 1-17 10939703208 acknowledged via auto email.
14.10.18 SR 1-17 20572470494 no acknowledgement received.
It is now 27.10.18 and I have yet to have any non-automated response for any of these complaints.
My chances of having any resolutions for the above would appear to be zero.
It looks like my next step is to pursue these matters via the Telecommunications Ombudsman.
So much for Telstra's future in a competitive market.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
21 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Complaint Handling

Hi @watchbird

It's very disappointing to see that you are yet to be contacted after lodging multiple complaints online. 

I have reached out to our Complaints team and requested follow up for you. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

watchbird

1.11.18 - Nearly 4 weeks since I lodged the first on-line complaint!!! If a Telstra employee is unable to get a response then there is no hope for the customer. I am currently in the process of changing my Telstra email address as is my husband (after a disastrous and unexplained blocking by Telstra of his email address) and as soon as we have the NBN we will be severing all our connections with Telstra. Customer support is non-existent unless one pays for Platinum - even when it is a Telstra problem.........a great way to compete in a competitive market??????????

Support Team
Support Team

I can appreciate your frustration watchbird. Our complaints team will be in contact as soon as they can. Please let us know how it goes.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

watchbird

Now 5 weeks and still no response. Apparently on-line Complaints are siphoned into a black hole, never to be seen again!

Support Team
Support Team

Hi watchbird,  I can assure you that we want nothing more than to assist and resolve any complaint you may have. It appears that the complaints you have mentioned have been closed. May I ask if you were still having difficulty and in need of further assistance?

watchbird

As Telstra has never contacted me in any way re any of my 3 complaints I am at a loss as to why 3 complaints have been closed without Telstra communicating in any way with the complainant. Who authorized these closures????? As I said earlier.........complaints to Telstra just disappear down a black hole never to be seen again.
sn0tty
Level 2: Rookie

Have you submitted a complaint to the Telecommunications ombudsman or TIO,
I have been having the same issues with Telstra and immediately when I could see there was not going to be an easy fix to this issue put in a complaint to them
https://www.tio.com.au/consumers/how-to-complain
Support Team
Support Team

Hi watchbird, 

Sorry to hear this is ongoing and the frustration caused. Be best to chat here  http://tel.st/s2prj so we can look into this ASAP. Or a new complaint will be needed. Or if you feel the complaint case manager is not resolving this or this issue has been on going without a resolution, you may want to look into an external body to review your complaint after it has been escalated within Telstra, you can approach the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman to arrange this. 

I am sorry this is still ongoing. 

watchbird

The TIO is next on my list. I am right now composing my letter to the TIO.

And as for raising yet another complaint with Telstra - well - with 3 unresolved complaints sent down a black hole why make it 4.

Level 24: Supreme Being

Whats the issue you're having?
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
watchbird

Your response is clear evidence that staff at Telstra are incompetent. I have listed 3 complaint numbers so why are you now asking "what issues". Can you not read?

@watchbird not all Telstra staff who help out here have access to the complaints system, especially those who are not helping out here officially as part of their job but are doing it in a personal capacity.

You should understand that this is not an "official" support channel but mainly a customers helping customers arrangement.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 22: Superhuman

I think you will get a better resolution by writing to management rather than TIO.
Tio's first level will only refer you back to Telstra.
I'd give management a good try first.
Thanks
A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".
sn0tty

The TIO is there when complaints are not responded to, so writing to management is something a customer should not have to do considering, if you have lodged several complaints and have fallen on deaf ears.

While yes the TIO will give the telco a chance to rectify the issue in a certain amount of time if it is not done by that time this is when they step in and they take action to resolve the issue.

Most people will not bother and keep bashing their head against the wall hoping in vain that their issue will get resolved, and I am sure that is what Telstra likes to do, 

So stating that I should write to management is plain stupid.  If the complaint system in telstra does not achieve what is is supposed to do, and if you have issued enough of the same complaint, it should automatically get seen by their management.

if it comes down to it and neither the TIO will act or telstra then the next step is social media and main stream media.

When companies fail to listen to their customers, and make it so hard to actually get a resolution in place, you stop dealing with the company directly and take it to higher authority

@watchbird

Regardless as to whether I am an official representative, we are still bound by the Telstra privacy policies and Federal privacy laws which includes what can and can't be accessed on your Telstra account based on a social media post.

If it was an issue that I may of been able to resolve for you without further delays I was more than happy to help. Please keep this thread updated with your progress with the TIO
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Support Team
Support Team

Hey watchbird, 

I'm really sorry for the trouble that you've had with this, I'd like to help ensure it's addressed ASAP. 

I've sent you a private message to gather some details, please get back to me there at any stage - I can work with our resolution teams on your behalf to ensure this is sorted out. 

Thanks, 
Jesse

Angryeagle

This seems to be their MO - the same thing has just happened to me.
Angryeagle

What's the point? I have tried to speak with management and even was promised a call back from them but that never eventuated either. Apparently they can only be contacted by email - they cannot receive incoming calls and can only make outgoing calls. Sorry but I think that is a load of the proverbial.
Support Team
Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that @Angryeagle, were you given a reference number for that promised callback? If so I may be able to follow up on this for you.

Angryeagle

I have already received a call back and been advised that a technician will be here on Monday.
Support Team
Support Team

Please let me know if you have any further trouble with this.

Home Broadband Bundle

$99 Entertainment Bundle. Unlimited Data and Entertainment.

Find out more