CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
iFix-au
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra Desktop Messaging MSI (installation) error.

Answered

Hi all,

A client of mine requires the Telstra Desktop Messaging application for a workplace environment to reach clients.

https://onlinesms.telstra.com/

When I run the MSI all proceeds until two errors are reported as follows:

• "an unexpected error has occurred - The error code is 2502"

• Followed by:

• "an unexpected error has occurred - The error code is 2503"

• The O/s is Windows 7 Ultimate, x64 on new hardware.

• Symantec Endpoint has been disabled and made no difference

• WSUS has the machine fully patched.

• The MSI was downloaded using different ISP's and made no difference
  • The MSI did install correctly on a nearby Windows 7 Professional, x64 machine at the time - without error.

I reckon it is a file permission error, but where?

Help appreciated. Smiley Happy

Telstra Desktop Messaging MSI Error.

Not being sure where to post this, I chose here, however some one will know where to send it for the matching technical support - thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iFix-au
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Desktop Messaging MSI (installation) error.

Thank you - please forward a link to the post I made ASAP to the "senior support "teams"' so it can overview the collected data and work to a solution; I haven't time to repeatedly explain the fault until someone at the programming level is obtained and comprehends the response from the MSI.

It does not require any client integration or consent to solve a programming / compatibility error.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi iFix-au

For assistance with this product you'd need to contact Telstra's Mobile Assurance team on 13 22 00 - we aren't able to provide support via CrowdSupport sorry.

You will need to be authorized on the client's account to do so, as the issue will need to be logged against their account and managed my our higher level support teams. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

iFix-au
Accepted Solution

Thank you - please forward a link to the post I made ASAP to the "senior support "teams"' so it can overview the collected data and work to a solution; I haven't time to repeatedly explain the fault until someone at the programming level is obtained and comprehends the response from the MSI.

It does not require any client integration or consent to solve a programming / compatibility error.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now