CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
NeedHelpPlzb0ss
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Gateway Port forwarding

Need Help Plz b0ss

I need help with a question that i have. So heres the trouble im in-
Im trying to port forward a server that im making for a game that i play, i used to be able to make servers for it very easily, but that was when i had a very old (but very simple to use) modem, but.. As i said it was old and had some problems, so i got a new one.

This is the first time I've tried to port forward on this new modem, and its not working.

So... Anyway-

I do the normal ways to port forward a server. You know go to cmd, get the gateway thing, put it in the browser, get in the gateway and blah blah.

But when i go to type in the 'Local IP Address' and put in what i would normally put in for it to work, it says "Local IP Address can not same with Lan IP Address"
I mean.. What the heck. What i used to do is just put the last part of the gateway, but its not allowing it to work this time.
It always worked for my last modem but this new one..

I just dont know.
I've tried searching for solutions through the forums and on youtube etc, but i can't find anything.

This is my last  and only resort.

So once again..

Need Help Plz b0ss.

Spoiler
hey_boss__by_gameraustin9-d8qxql2.jpg

Need Help Plz b0ss

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Telstra Gateway Port forwarding

Hi there Smiley Happy 

I'll be flagging your concerns with our Social Media Tech Team so that they can assist you when they arrive at work tomorrow..

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Needhelp,

Unfortunately we don't support port forwarding, there are a few threads here that can help, have you checked those out? 

Otherwise, our Telstra Platinum team can help, but they are a paid service. You can find more information on them here: https://www.telstra.com.au/connectedhome/enhancements/platinum

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Mike_K
Level 3: Gumshoe

'Local IP Address' is referring to the IP address of your 'server' that you're port forwarding to, not the IP address of the gateway.

From what you're describing, it sounds like you're trying to create a loop and have the gateway NAT back to itself - which would not be good.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now