CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
BHalliday
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Home Broadband vs Foxtel Broadband

Answered

Looking to replace our Mobile WIFI (currently through Telstra) with Home Broadband to access a better deal ie. more data for less money!

Does anyone have any experience with Foxtel Broadband? 

We're getting Foxtel installed tomorrow, and strongly considering signing up with them re broadband as well.

I'm no tech head, but I'm just not sure re the modems on offer....?!  Weighing up the Telstra Gateway / Telstra Gateway Max and the Foxtel Hub

We are a family of 5 - so multiple devices!  Only option is through ADSL2 - no cable or NBN available here yet!

Any advice would be appreicated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra Home Broadband vs Foxtel Broadband

Hi BHaliday, without getting too technical here, really it comes back to financially what you see fitting your budget dollar wise and then offering the most for your dollar spent.

Foxtel Broadband is an off-shoot for want of a better expression of the Telstra services anyway. Foxtel and Telstra being in bed together, business wise.

As far as the modem/routers are concerned, the Foxtel hub offers some very impressive performance  figures and facilities when compared to the base Telstra Gateway. You'd need to step up with the Telstra Gateway Max to get near to the same specs as the Foxtel Hub.

Look at your budget, look at what plan would suit you particullarly if you're going to have variuous family members on a range of devices all wanting to gain access, and just see between plans where the value lys.

I'd also add, if you wanted to participate with the Telstra Air program, you'd need to be with Telstra of course and need one of the Air approved Telstra gateway devices.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

Hi BHaliday, without getting too technical here, really it comes back to financially what you see fitting your budget dollar wise and then offering the most for your dollar spent.

Foxtel Broadband is an off-shoot for want of a better expression of the Telstra services anyway. Foxtel and Telstra being in bed together, business wise.

As far as the modem/routers are concerned, the Foxtel hub offers some very impressive performance  figures and facilities when compared to the base Telstra Gateway. You'd need to step up with the Telstra Gateway Max to get near to the same specs as the Foxtel Hub.

Look at your budget, look at what plan would suit you particullarly if you're going to have variuous family members on a range of devices all wanting to gain access, and just see between plans where the value lys.

I'd also add, if you wanted to participate with the Telstra Air program, you'd need to be with Telstra of course and need one of the Air approved Telstra gateway devices.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

If your mobile broadband is under contract, and you previously couldn't get ADSL, it is not uncommon for Telstra to waive the contract on these services if you move over to a new fixed internet contract with them too... just another things to note Smiley Happy
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

BHalliday
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks so much Jeff. Appreciate all the info!

Telstra have offered me a 24mth package 100GB @ $75/mth + $9/mth (for upgraded modem). Does this sound ok?

That sounds pretty fair to me. Obviously they are upgrading you to the gateway Max, which will handle up to 10 devices connected by WiFi alone, so that should fill the bill for you.

100GB should handle a lot of casual use along with movies etc. Just as an example, I'm on 50GB here, on here CS a lot, and scan a lot of other sites, plus 2 grandchildren in the house and a smart TV, and we don't run over the 50GB, so with the 100 you should be adequately catered for.

Enjoy.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now