Highlighted
caesar
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Telstra NBN Connection Kit.....still waiting

Answered

I received an email from the Head of NBN Telstra (name withheld) dated 26 August stating that "your free Telstra NBN Connection Kit is on the way and should arrive at your home soon.Your Kit will include a Telstra Gateway Max® (Wi-Fi modem), a new cordless home phone, some important information about the move and easy-to-follow instructions on how to connect your new hardware."

Over the course of the next few days I began to research and digest what it all meant.

I made a phone call to the suggested number contained in the email (1800 996 203).

I was assured that the Telstra NBN Connection Kit had been despatched.

As I understood the only action that I needed to take was to install the modem when it arrived.

"Once your home is connected, you’ll receive an SMS or email confirming your move is complete."

I have made numerous calls to track delivery but am constantly told that there is no order in the system for my account.

I went to the local Telstra shop a few days ago to rectify the issue and was assured that an order was placed and that I would receive an email about the order.

I called today to follow up beause I had not received an email. The person that I spoke to said that there is no order and that I am not eligible for the new cordless home phone.

Who can I contact to resolve this issue?

Frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra NBN Connection Kit.....still waiting

Does that email have an order number (should start with 1-x and be about 11 long), if you have that than the support team on 1800 TFIBRE (1800 834 273) should be able to find the order, regardless of it you have that order number or not try give them a call and see if they can get it sorted.

If they are still unable to find the order or provide you with assistance then it might be worth lodging a complaint so the complaints team can try and work with the relevant teams to find out where your welcome kit is and what is going on. They will also be able to ensure that you get the inclusions you are entitled to. http://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
caesar

The email also states that "there’ll be no change to your monthly bill, plan or contract period. You’ll also keep your home phone number"
caesar

Has anybody else had this same experience?

How did you resolve the issue?

caesar

"Head of NBN Telstra Retail (name withheld) dated 26 August"
Accepted Solution

Does that email have an order number (should start with 1-x and be about 11 long), if you have that than the support team on 1800 TFIBRE (1800 834 273) should be able to find the order, regardless of it you have that order number or not try give them a call and see if they can get it sorted.

If they are still unable to find the order or provide you with assistance then it might be worth lodging a complaint so the complaints team can try and work with the relevant teams to find out where your welcome kit is and what is going on. They will also be able to ensure that you get the inclusions you are entitled to. http://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now