Highlighted
Johnlee594
Level 4: Private Eye

Telstra NBN connection Kit

Answered

Hi There,

I received NBN gears (Gateway Max, Telstra TV) from Telstra and my friend who received an cordless phone along with Gateway Max. 

Why there is a different type of gear sent to different customers. Where is my cordless phone?

Regards,

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra NBN connection Kit

My understanding is that people with old rental phones which were not nbn compatible were receiving updated ones as a part of their pack to replace the old rental phone.

My understanding is that there is also some people who were getting them under the disability equiptment program.

Very early on in offering nbn plans (like a couple years back), they did also have phones as a bonus (like the Telstra TV now) but I haven't seen that offer for quite a while now. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Accepted Solution

My understanding is that people with old rental phones which were not nbn compatible were receiving updated ones as a part of their pack to replace the old rental phone.

My understanding is that there is also some people who were getting them under the disability equiptment program.

Very early on in offering nbn plans (like a couple years back), they did also have phones as a bonus (like the Telstra TV now) but I haven't seen that offer for quite a while now. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Johnlee594
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi 

bobturner
Level 2: Rookie

Just received the free kit with phone.

The gateway is a FAST5355.

According to this https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/nbn/nbn-kit

everyone gets a free phone.

But maybe it really depends on what sort of bundle you have , we have 200gB ADSL + phone bundle + mobile + 4g modem.

It changed again with the new bundles and the new modems.
Helpful Links

jayne1
Level 1: Cadet

Hi 

Friends of mine in our area received their NBN connection kit comprising Modem and a Phone about a month ago, I didn't and end of last week received a call from Telstra NBN tech about connecting to NBN as my plan is NBN ready which covers my internet and landline so made arrangement and was told would receive connection kit....which I did BUT only the modem....so I rang and enquired why as my plan is for phone and internet after being transferred and having to put up with some real smart mouthed help desk jock who just wanted to know what did I want him to do (Telstra wants to train their help desk in a little phone edicate and manners) I hung up called yet a different number who is supposedly looking into what he can do and still haven't got a reply....so after my rant Telstra is keen to connect my NBN and provide me with a modem but on my plan I am paying for phone and internet but they seem to only want to honour half my plan.....just want to know if anyone else has had the same grief and if they managed to get some joy from Telstra and the phone part of the deal.

If you currently have a phone, then you can plug that into the modem and the phone will work. Honestly if your phone(s) are ok then it is likely better then the really cheap basic ones they are sending out when they do.
Helpful Links

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now